• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor pen/run for tiny rabbit

Yeah you could mesh? Or cable tie some cardboard to the outside of the pen, just make sure the ties are tight enough not to be munched on. Or cable tie some mesh .. :lol: Or cable tie corex to the outside?

I have correx. How high do you think I would need to cover the sides? She is really small, about 250g.

I have the same pen for my Guinea pigs, they have a correx base with 15cm sides to stop poos getting kicked out, but I think she might climb over that.

Ok, 8" correx sides added. The pen is 6' x 2'.

photo-39.jpg

Tulsi, she looks black at first glance but she has a kind of gold ticking all over, she is beautiful! She is so small she can squeeze into the tiniest gaps so I really need a secure area for her to exercise.

Aaaargh! The little Houdini has escaped again! Plastic garden mesh and cable ties next...

Little ******! :lol: That should work though I'd have thought, unless she chews it - so I'd put it on the outside if I were you. The garden mesh probably won't look that great but at least you can remove it when she's older! The correx actually looks quite stylish and helps contain and disguise some of the mess that they inevitably make :lol:

Tulsi, she looks black at first glance but she has a kind of gold ticking all over, she is beautiful! She is so small she can squeeze into the tiniest gaps so I really need a secure area for her to exercise.

Black with gold ticking sounds amazing. What about wood framed weld mesh panels cable tied to the pen that could be made into a run when she is bigger?

I've covered the outside of the pen with plastic mesh, which seems to have escape-proofed it (touch wood!).

photo-42.jpg

Wow she sounds like hard work!! She's going to be absolutely full of personality when she's all grown up. I think the best bunnies have attitude :D
Good luck with your little escape artist ;)

What about a top like people put on their c and c cages to stop cats getting in? or just mesh cable tied on one long side so you could open it like a giant door/roof? Best of luck, she sounds quite a girl :lol:

Back