• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor cage placement

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
My rabbits are in the kitchen at the moment (to be honest I don't really intend to move them outside, but it might be nice if it gets warm over the summer for them.

They are currently in the kitchen, the middle of, and they are fine, but I've just spooted an alcove at the end of the kitchen, where we don't walk as much. When I'm about, the rabbits are out of their cage as much as they like, but do you think they'd prefer this little quiet area for bedtimes? It's under a worktop, so they might prefer the shelter? As they're very exposed at the minute.

Just a normal indoor plastic bottomed cage.

Thanks

That sounds kinda nice, cozy and stuff. Alternatively you could leave the cage where it is, and pop a nice little blanket under the alcove, or maybe a basket filled with hay, and see how they take to that? Post piccies!

I used to have my indoor buns in the kitchen as it's lino and easy clean.

I now have them on lino but in another bunny room which is solely for them. There is no other furniture really, just bunnys.

Most of my buns are outdoors as the males do spray up the walls regardless of if they are neutered or not and i do find that unhygenic especially in the kitchen. The girls in the house are fine as they dont cover the walls in pee.

I only discriminate against the males :) That said i have 3 males in the house at the moment!

Back