• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indestructable or hard wearing blankies?

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i have two indoor buns and the floor of their pen has what i call blankies in for comfort (inexpensive pet blankets from wilkos).

edward is a right little nibbler/digger and is tearing holes in them on a daily basis, not just little holes but half the thing in one sitting!!

when i first got barnsley, he dug through the carpet (which i removed and had a laminate floor put down, with a sheet on top for "binky-grip") but never dug up his blankies, i hope it's a settling-in type thing as they have only been with me for a few weeks.

if it turns out to be a permenant habit, can anyone reccomend something safe but more durable as i can't afford to keep replacing them.

any hel and advice greatly appreciated!

em x

I use cheap cotton rugs from Ikea in my kennel. I'll find the link for you when I get to a computer. They were no more expensive than pet blankets and I've had mine ages. I can also get 2 at a time in my washing machine which is a bit on the small side.

I use cheap cotton rugs from Ikea in my kennel. I'll find the link for you when I get to a computer. They were no more expensive than pet blankets and I've had mine ages. I can also get 2 at a time in my washing machine which is a bit on the small side.

oooh!! thankyou!:D

Might be worth getting some grass/willow mats thehayexperts.co.uk sell some & they are destructible but last s long time and it's good for them to chew they might not chew other stuff if you give them more tasty alternatives, worth a try :)

Might be worth getting some grass/willow mats thehayexperts.co.uk sell some & they are destructible but last s long time and it's good for them to chew they might not chew other stuff if you give them more tasty alternatives, worth a try :)

i have chill n chew mats and in the past i've had willow mats but the problem is that they are just not big enough, if the manufacturers would only produce GIANT versions i'd be so very happy!!

Back