• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm very angry with the vet...

KCG

Warren Veteran
Really really, I'm very angry with the vet. There is a curfew in my country. In addition, the apartment building I live in has been quarantined. I had to get permission to take it to the vet with so many difficulties. I took a day off by struggling for days.

I have the possibility to move Europe. I want to bring my bunny too. My bunny got some vaccinations for this. I had him vaccinated a month ago. I had to have him vaccine tests 1 month later. The vaccine test has a limited time. I had to hardly tried to get permission.

We went to the vet. There was a veterinarian I don't know. Couldn't take blood from my bunny. Couldn't take blood from my bunny's feet, wanted to try out of ear.I argued with the veterinarian. Then the veterinarian I knew came, He took care of all the processes in 10 minutes.

But my first vet maltreatmented my bunny. I argued with her. She said to me "the bunny's voice does not come out. It doesn't hurt, what is happening to you??". I am very angry and i said to her "rabbits are silent animals. Unless very afraid it does not sound". The vet told me "rabbits always yelling, i see a lot". I said too "if you see this, you are a very bad vet". She said to me "you are very sensitive to your bunny too".. I have never seen such ignorant vets.

Blood splashed from the nerve to my brain(idiom). I had a big fight with the vet. I'm still angry!!!

Taking blood from a rabbit's ear is normal here in the UK.
However, rabbits don't have a 'voice' like most animals. They can grunt, and when they scream in extreme distress - it's not something you forget.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at your vet.

Taking blood from a rabbit's ear is normal here in the UK.
However, rabbits don't have a 'voice' like most animals. They can grunt, and when they scream in extreme distress - it's not something you forget.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at your vet.

Vet failed to draw blood from 3 legs, she wanted to get it from the last ear. I did not allow, she maltreatmented my bunny.

This blood test is not like normal tests. Too much blood taken from the bunny(2 tubes of blood drawn). Rabbit taking to Europe rules are very difficult.

My bunny has never bitten until today. But for the first time I wanted him to bite the vet. I wish he bit her. :roll:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience :( I've had 2 rabbits need blood taking for multiple vials and the ear is the best place, one rabbit had sedation for both lots of her bloods and the other was quite poorly and on pain relief which was causing her to be sleepy so she didn't need any but the vets were clear if she was stressed she would also need sedation.

I'm sad for what you went through. But it's good you said sedation. If I am in a difficult situation, I can have sedation.

Cookie is my first pet, I learned about diet, health and care. But I still don't have much experience with veterinarians.

It is very difficult to reach a rabbit veterinarian in Turkey. Rbbit vet really little(5-10 vets). There are only 1-2 people out of 5-10 who are good(all over the country).

I'm taking it to the animal hospital right now. But I will not take it anymore, now i found a very good rabbit vet. I did not want to take it at first because it was too expensive, vet of celebrity animals. But I decided to take it to vet.

I'm sad for what you went through. But it's good you said sedation. If I am in a difficult situation, I can have sedation.

Cookie is my first pet, I learned about diet, health and care. But I still don't have much experience with veterinarians.

It is very difficult to reach a rabbit veterinarian in Turkey. Rbbit vet really little(5-10 vets). There are only 1-2 people out of 5-10 who are good(all over the country).

I'm taking it to the animal hospital. But I will not take it anymore, now i found a very good rabbit vet. I did not want to take it at first because it was too expensive, vet of celebrity animals. But I decided to take it to vet.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience :( I've had 2 rabbits need blood taking for multiple vials and the ear is the best place, one rabbit had sedation for both lots of her bloods and the other was quite poorly and on pain relief which was causing her to be sleepy so she didn't need any but the vets were clear if she was stressed she would also need sedation.

I'm taking it to the animal hospital. But I will not take it anymore, now i found a very good rabbit vet. I did not want to take it at first because it was too expensive, vet of celebrity animals. But I decided to take it to vet.

That's good you've found a trusty vet, it's hard as even in the UK where rabbits are popular pets finding a knowledgeable vet can still be difficult. I was happy for my rabbit to have the sedation, we discussed before hand if there was any struggle then sedation would be used to prevent further stress. I hope you have better success with your new vet

That's good you've found a trusty vet, it's hard as even in the UK where rabbits are popular pets finding a knowledgeable vet can still be difficult. I was happy for my rabbit to have the sedation, we discussed before hand if there was any struggle then sedation would be used to prevent further stress. I hope you have better success with your new vet

I hope it will be fine. I paid as much as a month's rent to the animal hospital today, and my bunny was a maltreatment. The animal hospital bills me like this all the time. They are robbing.
I talked to the celebrity's animal vet on the phone, it's even cheaper in price.

Back