• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm seriously going to end up losing my temper.

Jasmine and Harvey have their own room and Alfie has his but they share my room and landing as exercise space. I expect my bed to be peed on so use a shower curtain, a couple of old bath sheets and a duvet cover and fleece. Its put on when I get up and taken off and folded into the wardrobe when I go to bed. Works for me:thumb:

The only thing about putting something over the bed is just the hassle of taking them off constantly and putting them on every morning. I know it's not a big deal but it's just more things I have to pack in on a morning. Some days I don't even want to get up because I know I'll never stop from the moment I get up until I go to bed.

I think I'm just not in a fantastic place mental health wise and everything just seems a big deal when it really isn't. It is to me but I know other people don't see it as a big deal. I've had an awful year. Everything seems to have fallen apart since I lost Larka. I've lost so much this year and I just don't know how to deal with the rabbits' behaviour on top of how awful I feel. It just feels like being kicked when I'm down. I know it isn't like that. I know the rabbits aren't doing it on purpose but why do these things always happen to me/my animals and why when I'm in such a **** place!?

Ok. So Fiver didn't jump on my bed at all this morning and I woke to no poo all over my floor. :| This actually worried me at first but all buns are eating and seem fine. Perhaps the bed is the cause of all the problems? :/ With the mattress being up all day yssterday it seems Fiver has just assumed that there is no longer a bed to jump on haha. I've lifted it again today and tonight will try to fashion some kind of blockade that is safer for them.

Glad to see the latest update. Would a cabin bed be a possabiltiy for you when funds are improved?

I'll never have money to buy a new bed. I only work part time and all my money goes on the animals. It would be a fab idea but it isn't going to happen lol.
I spent a long time last night with Fiver. He was loving having cuddles and kisses and even Xena came for some. They've been better behaved as well. There was poo all over yesterday but barely any over night. I'm wondering if that's just because they're pooing ubder the bed when the mattress is down overnight haha.
No pooing on my bed overnight, which is always nice lol. My Mam said they must have heard me say I'm going to pen them because they've been so well behaved haha.

You can get beds on places like gumtree or in second hand furniture shops for a fraction of the price.

Hope they continue to behave.

How are things now? Still improved I hope. I feel your pain, I lost my two wonderful OAP buns a few months ago. They were perfect, never a poo out of place. I now have two younger buns who are slowly (or not so slowly, infact!) destroying my house...they wee all over the carpets, chew the walls, the skirting boards, my table, my sofa..it's definitely exasperating!

Things seem to have improved. I'm still having problems with Xena chewing to wake me up on a morning. I don't understand it! She only ever does it on a morning when I sleep in! She gets meds on a morning and evening which she loves, so wondering if it's because she wants the meds.
Poos are better but still a lot lol. That's not a massive issue to me anyway.
Looks like they've stopped peeing in that corner after a few accidents. I'm still lifting my mattress everyday simply because I have not had the time to create a makeshift blockade. I have been spending time with the buns more and they do seem more content. I've also noticed less chasing since lifting my mattress. No idea why that would make any difference! Fiver hasn't jumped on my bedside table at all. He is obviously jumping from my bed so banning him from the bed has solved that issue completely.

It's so nice not needing to worry about them weeing on my bed. I'm going to try to get a new mattress in the New Year and a puppy pen! I'm thinking of shutting them in a pen on a night when I'm asleep and letting them have the run of the room during the day.
I don't want bunk beds. It means having a single bed. Lol.

I'm glad you've seen some improvement :) Our Dottie (the one in my daughters room) has decided to start ripping up the carpet (I made a thread)!

TheBee you have my sympathy that must be difficult to cope with x

I love my rabbits to pieces, but they are Rabbits & we must still live our lives. I don't agree with the suggestions for a cabin bed etc. and I think the route you have planned (penning them in overnight) sounds sensible. You may find it a bit noisy, that would be my only slight concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my rabbits to pieces, but they are Rabbits & we must still live our lives. I don't agree with the suggestions for a cabin bed etc. and I think the route you have planned (penning them in overnight) sounds sensible. You may find it a bit noisy, that would be my only slight concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they don't bar bite they'll be fine. I used to have rats in my room so I'm used to noisy lol.
I will get a pen as soon as I can afford one. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any freebies.

Back