• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If your rabbits bond broke and you couldn't keep them seperately

What a horrible decision.

At the moment I have a trio, as single (soon to be bonded) and two pairs. If any of the bonds broke down I would probably rebond them with different buns.

I am hoping to adopt Apple, one of my foster buns, to bond with Bumble (my single bun). If the bond doesn't work then Apple would be bonded with my trio or a pair. I wouldn't adopt Apple if I didn't have a back-up plan as I know how much it would hurt to have to rehome a bun I had grown to love, but equally I don't like the idea of keeping a bun on his or her own as I work longish hours.

i have 2 singles and ive had to make it work as i got both bella and jasper only 5 months apart, i couldnt bear to lose either of them. my situation is different in the sense that at least they can be out together, its just bella has cage aggression and wont be housed with jasper.

with that said as this is a hyperthetical question, i would have to say jasper. bella is a bun in a million who relys on me more than jasper. jasper is beyond independant and because he is cute and dinky i think he would be rehomed easier. that said if i couldnt keep one of them, my mum knows how much it would kill me and has already said no matter what, she would have them (when we had to move i was freaking out if i couldnt take the buns with me and this is what she said :) gotta love my mum)

xx

I would never rehome any of my bunnies. If the worst happened my parents and Gavin my brother who also had bunnies would foster for me, but I'd always find a way. My bunnies are my children, I just couldn't do it.

Just the thought gives me butterflies in my tummy!! No!! NO NO NO!!! I would find a way to keep my babies. How could I choose between my Lolliegirl or my bouncy Ben??!! I'm going! I'm upset now!!!:shock:

Oh this is horrible! I'm lucky in that I have spare accomodation, so as long as I don't get anymore buns I'd be okay! (And even if I did, I'd find a way to keep them both!)
But, as a hyperthetic situation:

I'd have to rehome Roxy :( Leo had his incisors out due to misallignment, so needs all his food cutting up. He also gets matted quite easily. He'd probably end up in a rescue for ages :( Roxy has fullying functioning teeth... but then again, Leo is "cuter" because of his big floppy ears...

I'm gonna have to stop this before I have a breakdown... :lol:

I'd rehome Milly, because she doesn't have any health issues and is very pretty and would be snapped up quickly. Molly has sore hocks and I couldn't trust anyone else to care for them properly, so she'll stay here for the rest of her life.

However if they really did need to be separately, I'd have Molly inside, Milly outside with a new companion. So hopefully that wouldn't need to be done.

I have a trio and I'd have to find a way to keep them. I definitely couldn't ever put Oliver back to rescue, have had him for about 3 years, he's gorgeous but some adopters might be put off by his "war wound" on his ear. If the girls fought, I really don't know what I'd do. Would hate to part with either. I'm copping out too:oops:

I wouldnt rehome any of mine, Ive been in the situation with my 4 falling out and have had all scenarios - a group of 4, 2 pairs, a trio and a single and have always found a way of housing them..

If i was really really in trouble I would ask a family member or someone on here to foster for a few months so I could sort something out. I hope I would never have to rehome any of mine permenantly - it would kill me :cry::cry:

Earlier in the thread I said I wouldn't rehome any-which I wouldn't but lets pretend I have to-I would rehome Casper & Dill & keep B.The reasons being-my friend is desperate for Cas & shes fallen in love with him the twice she has had him & really really wants him.Dill would go back to Jill as its in the contract,but B would stay with us for lots of reasons-a)she has no where else to go,whereas the other two have,b)she has problems with her forepaws & cystitis so wouldn't trust anyone else to take care of her,c)ive had her almost 5years & is my baby.Obviously this is just a pretend exercise!:D

Back