• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If one rabbit needs to go to the vet, do you take the other?

I haven't been in this situation really though when Hollie went in for her Myxi jab (Jack had already had his) Jack went with her and I would probably take them both - if Hollie had to stay in I'm not sure though as Jack gets *really* stressed when going to the vets. :(

He stayed in the carrier for quite a while after the last vet trip and wasn't happy all evening really - and he wasn't even taken out of the carrier whilst at the vets! :?

Whereas Hollie is just one big show off and loves the attention she gets at the vets and isn't bothered about the trips whatsoever so I wouldn't hesitate to take her if Jack was poorly!

I more than likely would take them both but would probably weigh things up at the time. :) x

Salt and Pepper go everywhere together as they are so closely bonded and can be a comfort to each other.
I don't know about Daisy-Boo and Pippin as so far they've only gone to the vet's for their jabs, and we do a whole family trip for that. I guess I'd probably take just the poorly one if it was just for an appointment, but both if it needed an overnight stay.

i take them together as a pair, but *touch wood* ive only taken them in for jabs since they are a pair.

No I take them in on their own but usually take the other one to the vet when I collect them so they travel home together to avoid problems

I always take them together, but my vet always asks why.. she's a good vet otherwise. The problem is that Ralph is usually going through stasis and they have to be separated anyway because they need to check that Ralph is pooing!

I never take the other as my opinion is why stress 2 bunnies out if only one needs treatment.
I have never had any problems when putting the one back with the other. If they are a new bond say a few days then I will take the other but that isn't very often:D

i always take both even if its an overnight stay this is mainly because of breaking the bodn problems but also it offers comfort to the one who is ill and hopefully encouragement to get better too. i had a bun go back with its partner after spay and i could never rebond so i always take any of mine together now x

Back