• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If I want to spend £100s on vet care for a rabbit...

Is it all down to what your priorities are? I'd say you have yours right. But I wouldn't worry about what they think. Their opinion isn't even relevant.

How awful for you to lose your bunny :cry: How terribly insensitive of the people at work.

Pets get under your skin and become part of the family ...

I've deliberately not added up what we spent this year on our two before losing them both, there was just no question, it was our responsibility to do everything we could and we loved them (had a little weep this morning at the empty hutch).

Limit what I share at work, because I too have had similar comments, especially when its 'just a rabbit'.

Take care.

Limit what I share at work, because I too have had similar comments, especially when its 'just a rabbit'.

I do this too now. It's just not worth the comments you get from people you thought were "being nice". Sad, but I can do without their opinions.

Sorry about your bunny, some people will never understand and tact was the last thing they were issued, if they ever got it at all. :(

When I had to have Tabitha (one of my gorgeous cats) put to sleep at the beginning of the month a 'friend' asked me how many cats I had now. When I said 'eight' he said I had 'plenty left then'!!!!! I was speechless - which doesn't happen very often!

I got a lot of negative comments made when I spent £600 on Molly bun's treatment. Some people really couldn't comprehend why I would go overdrawn when I could buy another rabbit much cheaper!! I guess some people 'get' the love we feel for our fur family - and some people don't!!!

That's why I love RU so much. I feel understood:love:

Back