• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i need help with long term accommodation

finding a place to live is so difficult because obviously everyone is looking and ive been so lucky finding this house that im in and the people may not be the greatest people to be living with (i live with someone i lived with in student halls and 2 strangers) and anyone of them could have ratted me out but thankfully they've been nice enough about it and because he lives in my room they are fine with it.. if i moved in with strangers come sept they might not be as caring and i may not have a decent sized room for him to run around in i mean he loves the room im in now he has his own little spots under my desk and he likes to sit on my bottom shelf of my bookcase which makes it even harder for me.my uni friends live with a couple and 4 other people and the couple decided to get a rabbit without even telling any of them and they came home to find a black ball of fluff sat on the stairs and a trail of poo coming from outside via the kitchen door all the way up the stairs and they were livid about it and these 2 people would not give up the rabbit and they had so many arguements about the poor thing (who obviously must have been having the time of its life because it had full run of the house and outside) and i dont want to be in any similar scenarios. i had plans that he was going to be in my life for as long as possible (until he leaves me to binky free hopefully of old age) and when me and my boyfriend got our own place i was going to get him some new friends and hopefully bond him with another bunny if not more and thats why i dont want to give him away :( i want to thank you all for your advice i really do appreciate it and i know that making him outdoor would be the easiest option but there is too much risk in it because the gardner is round quite a bit and he looks like a weasel so i wouldnt trust him to keep his mouth shut and i dont want my landlord getting into stick because of me i mean i could even be removed from the contract by having a pet in the house :cry: im hoping things will sort itself out and i appreciate that someone has offered to help me out (happybunny22000 and holidayhutch) but im hoping something closer to home will come up and my bitter mother changes her mind or my OH moves outa his family home or something.. i just wish this girl didnt have such a terrible reaction to animals, from what my landlord said when she said she was allergic to rabbits she thought the idea was slightly absurd...

awwww hun... uni life wont last forever.. youll have him back soon enough, does sound like theres really no choice tho you poor soul :( stes bro sneezes something terrible when Ralph is in his house.. not much fun for the allergy sufferer really xxxxx

.. not much fun for the allergy sufferer really xxxxx
its weird cause ive never heard of anyone having an allergy to rabbits, but the girl i live with now is slightly allergic (comes out in a rash if she has had physical contact with the rabbit) and now i know of 3people who suffer from and 2 of them really badly :cry: wonder if ive done anything to unbalance karma :?

its weird cause ive never heard of anyone having an allergy to rabbits, but the girl i live with now is slightly allergic (comes out in a rash if she has had physical contact with the rabbit) and now i know of 3people who suffer from and 2 of them really badly :cry: wonder if ive done anything to unbalance karma :?

doubt its a karma thing hun, it must be the fur.... its soooooo fine it gets stuck up your nose when you attempt to hold them and it sort of floats about in the air too....

ive never understood allergies at all.. but after today my hands went crazy after touching the timothy hay its really vicious but nothing jumps out as an explanation why.... we arent supposed to domesticate wild animals is the only explanation i can come up with :shock:

I'd take him for a year if I had the room :(
I really hope you find a solution for the little guy soon!

I've been in similar situations and moved to different houses when I was a student, I know moving is a nightmare so I empathise - I was a student for 8 years so thats a lot of moving and hiding things from landlords!

I really think your best bet is to move Binx to being an outdoor bunny, you're much more likely to find a house to rent that will allow him to be outside (just get it in the contract) so I wouldn't necessarily give up just yet.

Also, have you talked to your mum about the prospect of having Binx as an outdoor bun? She might be more willing to go with that. I once managed to persuade my mum to have Charlie and Fern, they were both v little and living separately as they'd still not bonded. Mum begrundgingly took them for a couple of months when I moved to London so I could find somewhere to rent etc, by the end of it she didn't want to give them back!

I'd have him for you (outdoors as it wouldn't be fair on my two house bunnies) but I'm in London so am obviously too far away!

I became allergic to my GP but also the straw and hay but touch wood have not had any problems with the buns apart from their wee that makes me a little wheezy.

I hope you find a solution soon

You're welcome of the offer hon and I really do hope you manage to sort something out and the offer still stands if you dont. We are only 40 minutes by train or the express bus straight through from Leeds to Barnsley, so you would still be able to come and see him at weekends etc if you needed him to come here.:D

It's not ideal but it's ok if your hosuemates are reasonably clean and tidy. and look:

Rent with bills on one room: £300
Rent with bills on a flat: £500 or more....£600 in leeds :roll:

But before i hijack the thread....MammaH.....could you not board him with someone over summer and find somewhere new to live in September?

There's cheaper places outside Leeds. My mate rents a 2 bedroomed house for £325 a month excluding bills in a dodgey area within walking distance of Leeds City centre (if you like walking:lol:)

I can offer to have him as an outdoor bunny if you are able to sort out accommodation for him. I would love to keep him indoors but already have my five inside and my house is tiny!

I do live a long way from Leeds though, about half an hour away from Middlesbrough so it may be no good for you. Anyway, the offers there :)

There's cheaper places outside Leeds. My mate rents a 2 bedroomed house for £325 a month excluding bills in a dodgey area within walking distance of Leeds City centre (if you like walking:lol:)

oooh where's that? it must be rough as owt :lol:

she's restricted even more though cos remember a lot of landlords wont take students

last year before i got binx we went and looked at a couple of houses with a company (which i now know has a very very bad rep for being THE worst student letting agency) and the girl that showed us round showed us some horrific houses they had mould and it was disgusting and obviously i asked about pets and she said it was oki as long as they knew about it but i wouldnt have let any animal live in some of those houses we viewed let alone people! sigh... my mums coming down tomorrow so i'm going to have a talk with her again tomorrow about taking binx, ill mention about him being an outdoor bunny but she works full time as a midwife and my dad works away for weeks at a time and my sister wouldnt be much help cause if something looks like a hard job eg cleaning out the hutch she'd avoid it and my mum keeps saying hes my responsibility and thinks im mental for even getting him in the 1st place :( but my mum has never been an animal lover so obviously she doesnt really understand :roll:

Back