• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Hope That I Have Done the Right Thing- Re Bereaved Murphy.........

only you yourself would know whats right for your buns jane,

I know for a fact if i lost doc id have to find a male for beth and vice versa

were as when i lost linus last year i knew frosty would be ok, and she was in terms of lack of companion, she prefered my mum, but if frosty went first then i would of gotton a partner for linus

* touches everything wood * you do seem to do well with male on male bonding :D

I have to say that I find males a lot less 'complicated' than females!

I sometimes looked at my boys and thing well youve lost your plumbs what have they to prove, will say ive seen more grumpy girls than boys

Im wondering if a poll on age and temperment too, as im wondering if the older they get the more laid back buns are ??

I have two boys that bonded by accident:)
It could both coincidence, but both of their previous companions were castrated bucks.

I hate seeing rabbits all sad and lost after they have lost a partner so I rebond asap if there is a likely candidate. Even if it doesn't work it takes their mind off their loss. Poor Cherry lost his Viola a few days ago and he is well on the way towards being bonded with Bo, although she is a grumpy stroppy little madam. I saw him washing her, although I doubt she deserved it. When Loki lost his darling Nellie I couldn't bear seeing him so sad so I tried him with Sage straight away. It didn't work, but it did distract him. The little minx actually goaded him into biting her, but I have no doubt it was self defence, she shredded his ear a bit:oops: After her I put him in with Hercules and Poppy. That was love at first sight:love: Now the 3 biguns make a huge bunny heap:love::love: (2 contis and an English lop)

There is no doubt that some bucks are far easier to bond than most does, but other bucks simply won't accept another buck until they are elderly. Beauty rejected having another buck in his group the last time I tried two years ago but now he is nine I have added two more and he just lies by them snuggling:) It is Primrose, the only doe in the group, who is the bossy one:roll: I have a few groups of four with only one doe. But that is individual too, I have one that is 3 does and one buck, and a couple that are two of each.

Back