• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have to give Jazzy & Lilah back to there old owner :'(// UPDATE post 80

Well done you should be so proud of yourself, been following this thread an have been keeping my fingers crossed for you. Get them microchipped the standard cost is about £15 which is what I paid to get my baby done. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't ever have to deal with the brats again. So glad the girls are still with you. X

So pleased that the buns are still with you. In future it will help to get some paperwork that the owners have to sign, to sign them over to you. Signed and dated, with the right wording, its legal. I can give you the wording if it will be useful.
Jan

Well done you should be so proud of yourself, been following this thread an have been keeping my fingers crossed for you. Get them microchipped the standard cost is about £15 which is what I paid to get my baby done. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't ever have to deal with the brats again. So glad the girls are still with you. X

If you have a local rescue centre, they may do microchipping cheaper. ring round and get quotes. At my rescue centre, we buy the microchips for around £4 a chip. We need to make a profit, so we ask, £6 a shot.....

It's soo fantastic they are able to stay with you - you are really giving them the best life. And surely they could see that??

xxx

Well done for standing your ground :thumb:....sounds a rough family so not easy. They're going on holiday so may well forget/move on and I'd say there's a good chance they wont be back...They sound like they want toys rather than living entities to cherish and care for.
Thing is, sorry to be a party pooper....they may well go out and get new ones... :( ...let's hope they move onto 'boys'...

Put a lock on the shed so that if they do come back you can have 'accidentally' lost the key! You don't want to be strongarmed by dad. As if they brought a shoebox! plebs!

I have only just thought of this

I will ask my friend who has graduated from a law degree and working in some sort of law field where you stand on this... so if they come back something official could be done

I am sure I have heard him say before things like this are an oral contract and therefore still legally binding and because you have spent money on them treating them etc... they definitely cant have them until they pay the full bill

Just read this whole thread. Well done for standing your ground.

Hopefully, they'll forget all about it, but everything everyone has said is such good advice.

Can you get your Dad to be complicit in the 'they've had more vets bills/ongoing medication' line so that he'd be prepared if his mate phones again?

Be interesting to find out the legal position.

Best wishes.

thats brillant news. :D

so glad that u didnt allow her to take them id have told her to jog on :lol:

ive been locking into shed security myself was hoping to buy a nice shed and convert it for scooter but it may not happen for a long time. anyways i came across an alarm system doesnt cost much but maybe it would be a good idea.

http://http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&isYmal=true&fh_search=5004100954800

hope it helps and i also hope the brat never comes back again. :evil:

That sucks,
poor bunnies separated after they bonded.
& since she got rid of them in the first place, she obvious don't care that much about them, i would NEVER even think about getting rid of my bunny.

That sucks,
poor bunnies separated after they bonded.
& since she got rid of them in the first place, she obvious don't care that much about them, i would NEVER even think about getting rid of my bunny.

We never had to seperate them in the end :love: they're still with me (see post 80;)) x

Back