• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I give up!

you have to wait till they are past the terrible teens, get them a pal then if your lucky they settle down

nothing i did stopped Alvin, he just got clever and sneaky.. i now have towels EVERYWHERE protecting the wall paper, a spare roll of wall paper and paint for patching up and lots of ruined furniture.

hes now two and rarely chews, only if im late with pellets :roll:

i will NEVER NEVER NEVER have a baby animal again after Alvin :(

Well she's being spayed on Friday and we've passed the homecheck this weekend for her friend (who we've already chosen and should be picking up at the end of
October)

I know what you mean about not having a baby animal again, i think im with you on that one!

I chase Timmy.

chasing made Alvin binky and go back at the wall twice as bad.

vinegar made him stop till it was dry then he went back at it

locking him up, he waited till he was released again

stuff infront of the object made him move it

getting pearl made him show her what to do so they did it together

then one day close to 2 years old he calmed down into a diffo rabbit :roll:

2 years?? I cant wait that long! She's only 6months old lol

Well she's being spayed on Friday and we've passed the homecheck this weekend for her friend (who we've already chosen and should be picking up at the end of
October)

I know what you mean about not having a baby animal again, i think im with you on that one!

hang on in there hun, they do get better, ive read its little developing jaws so they cant really help the need to chew... sometimes i hated him and wished id never got a rabbit.. so glad now i stuck at it, hes a brilliant demon instead of a demonic demon :love::love::love:

hang on in there hun, they do get better, ive read its little developing jaws so they cant really help the need to chew... sometimes i hated him and wished id never got a rabbit.. so glad now i stuck at it, hes a brilliant demon instead of a demonic demon :love::love::love:

Why doesn't she chew her chew toys then? lol

This is Strawberry to a T! He isnt that much of a chewer generally but if there is something he wants to chew then nothing can stop him getting to it!

He loves being chased, it turns it into a game for him!

He doesnt chew much now, the doors if they are closed and he wants to get through them and the underneath of our bed occasionally.

He is still trouble though, just had to run upstairs as he had jumped on top of the crate and emptied an entire bag of carrot crunchies all over the floor!

Why doesn't she chew her chew toys then? lol

because they are not as much fun, and she gets attention from you for being norty :p i swear alvin loved the attention of me running accross the room to stop him.. he even used to make it into a game.. he stood at the wall until i looked THEN pulled a huge piece of paper off then binkied away with his treasure to where i couldnt reach him under the sofa.. its funny now i think back.. werent at the time tho :roll:

now he plays the stasis game instead :evil:

He is still trouble though, just had to run upstairs as he had jumped on top of the crate and emptied an entire bag of carrot crunchies all over the floor!

*sniggers* :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think alvin is deaf so when i caught him in the act of chewing our bed last night he carried on even with me shouting until he saw i was there :roll:

because they are not as much fun, and she gets attention from you for being norty :p i swear alvin loved the attention of me running accross the room to stop him.. he even used to make it into a game.. he stood at the wall until i looked THEN pulled a huge piece of paper off then binkied away with his treasure to where i couldnt reach him under the sofa.. its funny now i think back.. werent at the time tho :roll:

now he plays the stasis game instead :evil:

If it's attention she wants then she needs to stop running away from me when i go to stroke her! She'll jump up onto me, but when i put my hand near her, the majority of the time she's runs off

*sniggers* :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i think alvin is deaf so when i caught him in the act of chewing our bed last night he carried on even with me shouting until he saw i was there :roll:

I have wondered if Jose is hard of hearing, or maybe she just has "Selective Hearing" :roll:

If it's attention she wants then she needs to stop running away from me when i go to stroke her! She'll jump up onto me, but when i put my hand near her, the majority of the time she's runs off

Strawberry is like this. He has to be the centre of attention and will climb all over me. But as soon as you try to touch him he legs it!

on her terms tho... im sorry shes giving you hell hun, but i gotta admit i do like demons so everything alvin threw at me made me love him all the more.

try a spray water bottle (alvin used to get very soaked lol) they dont quite know where the water comes from so you wont get the blame ;) and its very distracting having to groom the wet off, get the bum tho ive read not to get the head of a bunny for some reason but i cant remember now. wont stop it for good just till shes dry. keep her locked up when you cant watch her too, i coul;dnt even go the loo at one point without putting Alvin in his cage :shock:

on her terms tho... im sorry shes giving you hell hun, but i gotta admit i do like demons so everything alvin threw at me made me love him all the more.

try a spray water bottle (alvin used to get very soaked lol) they dont quite know where the water comes from so you wont get the blame ;) and its very distracting having to groom the wet off, get the bum tho ive read not to get the head of a bunny for some reason but i cant remember now. wont stop it for good just till shes dry. keep her locked up when you cant watch her too, i coul;dnt even go the loo at one point without putting Alvin in his cage :shock:

Right then, i need to find a water spray bottle or a water pistol :) Thanks :D

When we got her, the plan was to keep her free range full time - that was until we realised how destructive she is!

Right then, i need to find a water spray bottle or a water pistol :) Thanks :D

When we got her, the plan was to keep her free range full time - that was until we realised how destructive she is!

lol yeah i dreamed of a free range bun who sat on my lap to watch eastenders...hmmmm didnt quite get that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

good luck with the water :wave::wave:

Together, you & Donnamt bring back memories of mine as a baby. Carpet tugging & wallpaper. Donnamt is so right, they grow out of it. Mine gets quite upset if he's in trouble now, & it's hardly ever. He was often just busting with energy & wanted "some action round the place" = attention seeking/playing.
I'd oblige with chasing running games until he'd had to have 3 major rests. Then he'd tug up carpet in frustration that he'd no more "go" left in him. So before he could start that 1 I'd give him supper in the utility place where he lived & leave him there with toys etc. to give me a break.

With yours, I take it you've tried offering an apple twig to chew on? I think I'd keep doing so to emphasize that it's a chewing issue & he should chew on his twigs, & give him a few goes. I've always been able to catch mine without a chase, by dropping 1/4 sheet on him, pick him up, & time out, (no fuss or getting worked up, cos that's part of the "game"). If it's got to a stage where you do feel riled by it all - try singing cheerful songs. (Can't feel cross & sing a cheery song at the same time.) Believe me they're so cute, they know how we're feeling !!
All the best Judy & Thumper:wave:
ETA Sorry this post is confusing.
He went to his pad with food & toys when he hadn't been chewing
& I wanted a break.
He went for 15 mins to the bathroom (boring) for being a real pain chewing.

Last edited:
After watching that video of Theresa's bunny Beatrix i'm not in the least bit surprised that the methods the 'experts' came up with didn't work! :roll: Theresa was absolutely right....putting bunny in a 'sin bin' is completely ridiculous - of course she doesn't understand she's been naughty - she's a rabbit - her learning behaviours are completely different to a cat and dog. I honestly don't think those experts had a clue about rabbit behaviour. :roll:
What a gorgeous bunny bun though :D

I have a bun that lives outside that is a trouser and trainer chewer. He quite often does it when it's time for dinner. I think he's just making sure I don't forget. :lol: He has a habit of chewing the fence as well but as yet it's not enough to cause a problem.

I also have a bun who lives indoors who chews things when she wants to go outside for a run around. She has got to know if she's naughty, she's more likely to be let out. Although that depends on whether the two outside are in their house so I can shut their door.:roll:

Back