• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't do it. I can't find the perfect song. UD- Yes I can

Songbird is lovely but try listening to the original version by Fleetwood Mac..I much prefer this one

also this is an oldie but love it..lovely words for someone who is no longer with you,..may not be right for Badger but one to consider. David Gates wrote it about his father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2JTsMC5f5M

hope you can find something that is right for you xx

How about Eric Clapton, Tears in Heaven? He wrote it after his four year old son died falling from a 53rd floor window.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven...

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
Ill find my way through night and day
Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven...

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please...begging please

Beyond the door there's peace Im sure
And I know therell be no more tears in heaven...

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven...

How goes the song hunt? I cant think of one but I'll keep trying!

Lola's is 'My Girl' need to get one for Benson.

Thanks guys. I songed myself out yesterday, so will have to start up the hunt again later.

Kittykat, that song is the perfect song, except I've already used it in other videos. Again, its actually sitting on moviemaker alongside 'I know you by heart' ready to be used, but I just feel they aren't 'special' enough because i've already used them.

I love Tears in Heaven. Some of the lines just aren't true for me though.

honeybunny said:
also this is an oldie but love it..lovely words for someone who is no longer with you,..may not be right for Badger but one to consider. David Gates wrote it about his father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2JTsMC5f5M

So close; the closest thing yet, I think. Its beautiful.

clutterydrawer, lovely song but not quite emotion provoking.

Guys, thanks all for your help, I do appreciate you throwing me different ideas because I'd run out for myself.

Jill, just when I thought I couldn't love you more, you say the very thing I have been telling people for years.... Songbird was Andy and my wedding song. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it. Of course I mean the original by the very talented Christine Mcvie. So understated and moving...

And I agree about 'Everything I Own' too. They are using it in an advert at the moment and it makes me blub.

Jill, just when I thought I couldn't love you more, you say the very thing I have been telling people for years.... Songbird was Andy and my wedding song. It brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it. Of course I mean the original by the very talented Christine Mcvie. So understated and moving...
That is a strange thing as I walked down the aisle to it when I married Gwyn:love:

I think this is a lovely song - Vicki Brown - look for me in Rainbows

Time for me to go now, I won't say goodbye;
Look for me in rainbows, way up in the sky.
In the morning sunrise when all the world is new,
Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

Time for me to leave you, I won't say goodbye;
Look for me in rainbows, high up in the sky.
In the evening sunset, when all the world is through,
Just look for me and love me, and I'll be close to you.

It won't be forever, the day will come and then
My loving arms will hold you, when we meet again.

Time for us to part now, we won't say goodbye;
Look for me in rainbows, shining in the sky.
Every waking moment, and all your whole life through
Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

Just wish me to be near you,
And I'll be there with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFc5sdn78b0

I found it :D

Thank you every one for your suggestions. I found it due to two of the suggestions on here; it was one of the videos linked to the song I was listening to on youtube.

Thank you all so much for your help :) These songs are beautiful and whilst I won't use them for Badgery, there are so many that could be used with others.

Gotta find a celebratory song now. :lol:

Thank you. x

Last edited:
Back