• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch cover (FAO first78 & nessar)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
And anyone else that's interested!

This is what I got from eBay...

16bb5bfa.jpg

Link to seller... http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/se...suppliesoutlet&kw=seller:tradersuppliesoutlet

Diff sizes r available.

This is the 6x6ft one on my 5ft hutch...
153A2CA1-B9E2-48BA-AC68-25BB9C8C68C1-4867-000004665766B06D.jpg

I just put some screws into the hutch half way for the bungees so they're quite tight...
53C5D8C4-261F-4B66-AC93-89FBAC033345-4701-00000453F7260DCA.jpg

The one at the back-side has come a bit loose from uncovering it but its still held in place! It just needs pulling forward a bit! Iv also got a screw on the underside at the back but it keeps coming off, doesn't seem to matter but a hook might have been better. Iv put a couple of screws in the top sides so it can be left uncovered, i just fold it over and then attatch the bungees to these screws instead, its not perfect but i may yet come up with a better way of having it open, at the mo tho its pretty much constantly covered! There is enough ventilation as it doesn't cover the sides so there is gaps there and at the front but still keeps the hutch totally dry. I'm going to get one for the top of the run aswell, prob have to add a baton or something to make it a slight slow for rain/snow to slide off :thumb:

Thank-you so much for taking the time to post this!! :D I've ordered my cover...can't wait to winter proof Autumn's hutch!! :D

I use this clear plastic stuff on my run too - Ive screwed them down with washers...I bought mine for £2 per metre from "The Range" ;)

Back