• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old?/what breed?

Thanks for the information but I have no clue who they got them from and I can't get anymore information on it then what I have. It just peed about 15 minutes ago so that's good so far.

The bunny looks 6-8 weeks which is a little on the young side to be sold, they are better with their mum until 8 weeks. You need to be consistent with food, and feed the same things they grew up on, so the same brand of pellet, plus hay, and don't start greens yet if he/she hasn't had them before (give her a few weeks to settle in first).

Keep an eye on the droppings, they are the best indication if things are going well or if there is a problem.

Thanks for the reply. I do have another bunny that's a little over a year. Would that cause the bun to not eat? No poops but has peed

Grass and hay is the most important part of a rabbit's diet and should be 80% or more of what they eat. They should have access to have or grass at all times. So you're doing that right.

I wouldn't feed fresh veg/salad at this age and if you do only tiny tiny amounts.

Have you seen any pops at all?

Bunny will probably be very scared at being in a new place and on his own for the first time ever and stress can affect their eating. I would try and keep him quiet and calm and they appreciate being stroked right on the top of the head with one finger because that's where their mum used to lick them. :)

If you don't see any pools though I would rush to the vets because that's a huge problem. Hope bunny is okay.

Since no one has mentioned this specifically, I would avoid feeding any lettuce. Especially iceberg lettuce as it could give your bun a bad tum. Just plenty of hay and a few pellets at this stage.

Is bunny running about, or hunched in a corner? If hunched, I would think more seriously about going to vet, but if bun is acting normally, as in, being curious about its surroundings, ears up, eyes bright etc, tentatively crawling or hopping around, then i would think it just needs time to settle in. Just keep the surroundings nice and quiet, don't disturb bun too much and make sure you keep your other bunny away from it, until it's old enough to be neutered/spayed. Then hopefully you can bond them. But one step at a time :) .

Back