• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much time do you spend with your buns?

On a work day, I check Jenson's cage, usually stay during his breakfast (unless I'm running late) and secure his run.
In the evenings we usually have play and dinner time. At the moment I'm sat in his run so he can investigate or not. Sometimes he likes the laptop, sometimes he's not interested.
Not sure how long I actually spend with him, can't wait till he's free range when we're home instead of being in the run. I will still keep in the run while we're out though just for my peace of mind as I'm a worrier even though he sleeps most of the day.

I usually spend between 5 or 6 pm to about 10 pm with them. plus obviously seeing them first thing in the morning to feed and water them and maybe a bit longer during the holidays. :D

Very interesting thread. :)

I work fulltime, but put aside time for them every day. Feeding/watering/stroking in the morning, then they run around/play/sit beside me whilst I do my make up and have breakfast. I then put them away and go to work.

I let them out as soon as I get home, and get herbs/veg/fruit ready. I will often have a snack at the same time, so we all eat together. :love: We have a snuggly session before bedtime, either on the floor or on the sofa.

I spend as much time as possible with them when Im off. They will bounce around quite happily whilst I clean or read, or whatever.

I would say the majority of my day is spent with/near them. Either I have them free ranging whilst I am doing things around my room, or if they are put away, I can still watch them and talk to them and such. Oliver and I are constantly having conversations, him being in his bed across the room, and me being in mine :D

Less time now because of work :/ I'm usually too tired to sit out in the cold. Plus I spend a lot of time with my O/H so usually just morning when I go to feed and clean which is approx 30 minutes. Sometimes I go out after work to give him a little fuss and a grape. But he has a friend next door to him now so I don't feel quite as guilty :) I do what I can.

Interesting thread :) I like it....

Work days: I spend approx 5-10 mins in the morning, uncovering the hutch, removing the baracades I put up at night :roll:, quick tidy of litter tray area (putting any stray poos in tray etc) and a re-fill of their dandelion n marigold hay.
I then spend another 5-10 mins saying hello as soon as I get in from work, just generally checking they are ok, another quick tidy up & hay top up if need be.
A few minutes of an evening when they are given dinner.
Then another 5-10 mins approx 10pm when I re-fill their hay again, re do water bottle - tidy hutch again, give fusses and strokes - odd treat and then cover n barracade hutch for the night!
Every other day I do a quick clean out of the upstairs level of hutch and clean out their litter tray - so this means I spend an extra 10ish mins with them when I get in from work.

The above is just the bear minimum - but whenever time permits I am usually found outside having a chat with them :love:

Ive spent a fair bit more time with them this last few weeks (bar the 6 days they were boarding) as I have been off work, and I also spend longer with them at weekends.

I would say some days it is a bear minimum of approx 30 mins all in, and others it can be anything up to a few hours. I much prefer when it is warmer as they can safely come indoors for free range time in the dining room for a few hours at least a few evenings a week - which we all love (2 leggeds & buns) :D and I dont need to worry about the change in temps!!

Back