• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much of a disaster is this?

Bigbunnybella

Young Bun
Bella had her spay day today. She is 5 months and has been living alongside neutered husband to be Fiver. They sit and eat side by side etc so I was quite hopeful.
However, a spanner In the works, Bella has just returned home from the vets as a castrated buck not a Doe. 🤦*♀️
This was my worst case scenario that we had half joked about.
Can they still live together? The vet seemed to think it could still work. I’d always thought a definite no to two bucks.
I’m gutted.

Definitely worth a go in a couple of months. I've not had issues with 2 boys before. It's the thought of bonding 2 girls that scares me.

I hope your boy is recovering well after his neuter. Sorry you were given incorrect gender,yet he sounds like a lovely bunny.
My late Bonita came to me as a girl.

Definitely worth a go in a couple of months. I've not had issues with 2 boys before. It's the thought of bonding 2 girls that scares me.

Ditto. The only time I have bee able to keep Does together was if they were siblings and part of a group with at least one Buck.

Mr Chief came to us as a girl. We only realised when found 2 round bumps in his groin! We are due to get a girl soon to bond with him. First thing we are doing is getting her sex checked [emoji23]

Good luck with the bonding and his recovery. Bless him. I guess that will mean a change of name? [emoji175]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Haha! Actually no, he’s staying Bella. He’s fine about it 😳
The other thing is when I took the cone off his head that his amazing upright ears are now lopped 🤷*♀️
It seems to irritate him slightly!

Haha! Actually no, he’s staying Bella. He’s fine about it ��
The other thing is when I took the cone off his head that his amazing upright ears are now lopped ��*♀️
That's so weird that he has loppy ears now! I like that you'll keep his name. Bella is a great name. :D

Snowflake was uppy earred until one day they just lopped! His brother, Frosty still has uppy ears.

Frosty and his doe Daisy

Last edited:
Haha! Actually no, he’s staying Bella. He’s fine about it [emoji15]
The other thing is when I took the cone off his head that his amazing upright ears are now lopped [emoji1745]*[emoji3601]
Awww bless him. He is probably shocked that he has turned into a boy! [emoji23]

I love lop ears though! [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I have lots of bucks bonded. It really doesn’t make a difference based on their sex, its their personalities. Good luck x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back