• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you spend on hay each month?

erm i spent £20 at DFH and got 5 hay and 2 straw and a bag lasts us about 3 weeks i'd say. The bags seem to last longer than the boxes even tho there is the same amount in both

Helen x

one order of 10 bales at dust free hay company i think will last 2-3 months so about £10/15 a month. thats for 2.5 rabbits.

Erm 2.5 rabbits?! How does that work :lol:

I spend about £15 a month, thats for one bun and 5 piggies. I now have 7 piggies so that will increase slightly...

I buy one of the giant sacks from Dust Free Hay - it's £25.99 delivered and lasts between 1.5 - 2ish months between two buns

I spend £10 a month. I know that's really good for 15 buns - but I buy one of those massive round bales from the guy where my horse lives. He pays £20 for one & out of that I feed his buns & mine:D I use it as bedding too.

I wish I could buy a big bale, keep it at the farm and just bring it home when I need it, its £8 a big bale but it would go off before I used it and to be honest its horrid. Tried them on it and Minstrel went into stasis, I think because he wasn't eating any hay.

I prefer to spend the money on DFH and know they are eating it and I have happy healthy buns :)

If anyone wants any in South Yorks I'll prob be going down in about a month or so. Am happy to fetch and deliver :)

Helen x

I spend £20 per month for 4 buns and a guinea pig. This is from a pet shop and is packed into mini bales. This stretches to being topped up morning and night, plus litter trays cleaned out every other day. I wish I could find a farm shop/stable to buy a proper bale, so if anyone in the chelmsford/wickford area of essex knows of anywhere, please let me know!!

xx

Back