• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you store your rabbit food?

Like this?

feeder2a.jpg

Haha! You're as nuts as me! :lol:

Here's my scribbles from earlier. Essentially the same as what you showed only mine is more designed to be built in to the hutch units hence why it looks a bit over engineered :lol:

Over engineered!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: Must be because I'm sooooooooooooooooo confused!

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

The only problem I foresee is the food jamming the drawer/slider so you can't open it. I will do some experiments tomorrow. :thumb:

Thanks, I think it's funny too. It's not my bunny. My buns are MUCH cuter than that, even without pancakes on their heads! :lol:

I'm not a big fan of pancakes, maybe waffles. Next time I make waffles, I'll see if they'll let me put some on their heads.

Haha! You're as nuts as me! :lol:

Here's my scribbles from earlier. Essentially the same as what you showed only mine is more designed to be built in to the hutch units hence why it looks a bit over engineered :lol:

feeder.png

Yeah, that looks like a good idea.

I wonder if you can buy this dispensing gadget in the uk. The mechanism would be good to incorporate into your food storage box.

http://www.rosseto.com/

:lol: :lol:

The only problem I foresee is the food jamming the drawer/slider so you can't open it. I will do some experiments tomorrow. :thumb:

Make sure the stopper between the big and portion bins are level at the top with the lip of the portion bin. It should be good. You may need to make some sort of guide for that slider so it stays on track.

Last edited:
if you store yours in the garage, you can store it in a metal can. I never put anything food over there, as I always thought some insect can get thru somehow. So I just store mine on 2nd floor on a desk

blimey, that was all technical:shock: :lol: :lol: me, I would pop down to B & Q, purchase kitchen cupboard, hang on wall shed so that the floor space was still free and unreachable to unwanted critters, then I would buy about 5 of those plastic cereal dispensers to put food in and store it in the cupboard:lol: :lol:

I used to have a 3-shelf potting table in my bunny shed, with the bottom part boarded in to create a snuggly area. I used to keep the sack of SS on the top shelf, until I discovered that Harry had mastered vertical take off and landing and had been up helping himself to breakfast :roll:

Here you can see my construction along with seeing how my delightful buns took good care of their vetbed and cosy cat basket :lol:

HPIM0421.jpg

I have a plastic laundry bin which has ventilation slats in the lid. Treats, dried herbs,etc are kept in a large tupperwaretype box.

I keep mine in a big metal tin meant for dry dog food. I bought it off that auction site and it holds a full 10kg bag of SS pellets. It sits nicely on my kitchen counter and doesn't take up too much room. I read that you shouldn't keep the pellets in plastic container as it causes them to sweat and go off quicker.

I keep my food in it's original sack with a clothes peg over the hole. :lol: I think I may buy that food dispenser from amazon though. Would SS pellets fit through the hole, do you think?

Back