• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you keep your free range bunnies off your flower beds?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

I always used to let my bunnies free range round the garden which is secure with high fences. However, I put a stop to that a little whilt ago as they are eating my flower beds and I am worried that they might eat something they shouldn't which will harm them. They are currently contained in a run on the grass, but they much prefer to free range...

Have you got any good tips on how to keep them away from the flower beds? Something temporary as I don't want to put up anything permanent as they have a massive run on the patio, but they do like binkying around on the grass.

Thanks
Kim

Er,I dont!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
Ive covered my strawberry plants with wire, but they havent produced anyway.

Maybe join a couple of those wire puppy pens, you can make a pretty massive run like that and it folds away afterwards.

I've got a puppy pen along my hedge for extra protection. BUT, I only plant ornamental grasses and heathers in the back garden as Louie doesn't like them, plus some hanging baskets that he can't reach, all my nice plants are in the front!

I just shout at them if they go near it :lol:

I go 'nooo....' and if they go closer I get louder and go 'NOOOOO' and then if she gets there I go 'NENA, NO.' and get up and clap my hands and shoo her off. Then she learns that if I go 'nooo...' then she should stop before I chase her :D

Back