• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i tell him the sofa isn't a toilet?!!

gumpy used to wee and poo all the time on my sofa, but it isnt so bad as irts leather but since his neutering he just doesnt do it anymore ive also tried teaching him that the sofa is out of bounds but he doesnt listen

i was hoping it would cease with neutering, no such luck! :lol: he will respond to ryan but ignores me when i tell him to get off the sofa, he just covers his eyes with his ears! :lol:

he munches and munches on hay and then hops on the sofa to start popping those poops! :lol:

lol i was upset with the neutering as id bought him a littertray before he got the chop and he took to it straight away, after being neutered, he drags it to the middle of his hutch so he can pee in his corner

lol i was upset with the neutering as id bought him a littertray before he got the chop and he took to it straight away, after being neutered, he drags it to the middle of his hutch so he can pee in his corner

:shock: oh no, little monkey! i suppose i'm lucky that he will pee in his litter tray when he can't do it on the sofa!

yeah :( he's constantly arguing with it one side is now chewed down to floor level :evil: oh well least he's stopped spraying on me, and humping me... oh wait he tried it on the other day :evil: lol i must smell odd or something if all he wants to do is hump me :oops:

yeah :( he's constantly arguing with it one side is now chewed down to floor level :evil: oh well least he's stopped spraying on me, and humping me... oh wait he tried it on the other day :evil: lol i must smell odd or something if all he wants to do is hump me :oops:

:shock: ooh, saucy! i managed to get him neutered before he became hormonal, he hasn't humped or sprayed, i can't imagine how yukky it is! bleurgh!

lol i can tell when hes feelin randy now so its ok cos i can do something about it the 1st time was a shocker!! i got a scar on my wrist where he clamped his teeth and dangled off my arm lol luckily no sperm came out dont know what i would have done, but he's deffo a boy hahahaha

Do you think there's a market for rabbit nappies? Wonder if we could make some money with them?!?!? Ok maybe not! Don't know what to suggest as I suffer this with Wilson, none of my others do it just him, when I'm sat on the damn sofa!!

:shock: ooh, saucy! i managed to get him neutered before he became hormonal, he hasn't humped or sprayed, i can't imagine how yukky it is! bleurgh!

Sorry to butt in and it's a bit disgusting really (don't know why I'm posting) Tango was a sprayer and once jumped from my knee to Mark's and sprayed mid jump it went all over my face errrrgh!

i *sort of* do that now. i have a binbag/towel combo on the sofa so i don't have to scrub and wash the sofa but i'm sure he actually sees the towel as more of an incentive to go pee on it. :? if he gets on the sofa, i pick him up and put him in his tray.... but he'll get out and get on the sofa again in 30 seconds! monster!! :lol:

In the spot that you do want him to pee, assuming you have a towel soaked w/ urine, you take him to that spot every 2 hr. regardless whether he needs to pee or not. He will try to do his business if he needs to. Try it, it works very nicely for 1 of my bun

In the spot that you do want him to pee, assuming you have a towel soaked w/ urine, you take him to that spot every 2 hr. regardless whether he needs to pee or not. He will try to do his business if he needs to. Try it, it works very nicely for 1 of my bun

:wave: i'm going to start it this weekend so me and ryan are both on hand to monitor him, thanks! :wave:

look, off he goes, plop plop plop! the funniest is when he bum hangs off the sofa and you hear them drop onto the floor!

DSCF2079.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: thats just what woozle used to do:lol:

bertie is so lazy he poops in his sleep and when he moves to stretch..they all escape and roll all over the floor:shock:

or on a chair he goes over the edge and it sounds like hailstones...well he is a frenchie:shock: he usually leaves the odd one or two marbles but if he needs apoo he goes wherever he is.it doesnt worry him:lol: but he doesnt do it to scent mark..if he doeshe pees with one little poo and thats usually cos hes annoyed with me..same with willow..if i have reduced their food or refused to give anymore snacks...i know wel teach her......pooooooo weeeeehe heeeeee

or on a chair he goes over the edge and it sounds like hailstones...well he is a frenchie:shock: he usually leaves the odd one or two marbles but if he needs apoo he goes wherever he is.it doesnt worry him:lol: but he doesnt do it to scent mark..if he doeshe pees with one little poo and thats usually cos hes annoyed with me..same with willow..if i have reduced their food or refused to give anymore snacks...i know wel teach her......pooooooo weeeeehe heeeeee

:lol: the noise when they hit the floor is so funny!

he's just so sneaky, he gets on the sofa and stares me out and starts grooming while watching me with one eye as if to say "look mummy, i washing! no pooping, just washing" ....... then he'll move and they'll be a pile of 20 poops! :lol: he's like a chicken incubating eggs!

hows this for territorial pooing...half an hours worth:shock:
poo.jpg

its cos we had got wilow and after 3weeks quarantine upstairs we bought her downstairs...shes as big as bif if you look in the cage.she was in it a week or maybe two before she moved into the rottie dog crate:shock:

bif didnt like not being the only doe in the house anymore and that was how she showed it..note how close by the trays were:shock::lol:

I had the same problem with mine. So i have put up a gate at the kitchen. I keep her in there with the litter box so we are still working on litter training. She does it in the litter box now but sometimes she still has accidents but we are still working on it. You may want to keep him in one room with the litterbox until he knows that is where he needs to do his business. Goodluck

hows this for territorial pooing...half an hours worth:shock:
poo.jpg

its cos we had got wilow and after 3weeks quarantine upstairs we bought her downstairs...shes as big as bif if you look in the cage.she was in it a week or maybe two before she moved into the rottie dog crate:shock:

bif didnt like not being the only doe in the house anymore and that was how she showed it..note how close by the trays were:shock::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :shock: OMG!!!

and i thought Carlton's piles on the sofa were annoying! :lol: oh no, naughty buns! they didn't even create you a clear path to get through the poop!

naughty buns? no just naughty bif!! bertie was asleep!:shock::lol:

lol now theyre two seperate couples..berties the azy one..willow is pristeen...she has peed on the furniture the end where bif and bandit are so i pen it off when im not in there..shell leave a few marbles aorund their cage but doesnt poop everywhere like bif did:lol: shes very very clean..whereas berties lazy..and always manages to find a way to pee over the edge of his tray or not quite get there in time as hes left it till the last minute:lol:

bandits like carlton..heel poop on the settee chair whatever were using just to let us know hes been there and its his too.......he does the same..nothing hapening then he moves...plop plop or he runs thru the pile:lol: i think its cos we got him aged 18 months and he hadnt been done..we had him done a week or so later due to his runny bum..it was awful..turned out he couldnt clean it or eat his cecals cos his man bits got in the way:oops::oops::lol:

with woozle he was 6 months old but had to wait a month as he had cystitis/infection just as his bits dropped..once their bits drops their hormones kick in...and soemtimes they dont get out of the habit.
saying that our beloved oscar we got aged 8 months old..a grey gold tipped mini lop..he wasnt done i had to have him done within a week of getting him as he was sooo horny!! he was the cleanest bunny ive everhad..even moreos than my darling old girl kibbles..she never weed or pood on furniture..never weed outside her tray..but shed poo all over the lounge to let the cas knowit was hers.

i tried vinegar..followed by simple solution odour and stain remover..it does help a lot..also dont leave your jumpers etc ont he settee its an invite to pee on it! make visitors sit on a throw and remove it as soon as they go then spritz something smelly on the setee......
it helps most of the time....also keep a tray as near to his pee spot as you can....and tempt him in with a treat and whilst hes munching and youre talking to him youll find he gets excited and happy and wees..or thats the theory!:lol:

Everytime Carlton gets the urge to make a pile of poops, he gets on his sofa to let rip, I obviously start panicking that he'll end up peeing and i have to spend aaages shooing him off the sofa over and over while he tries to pop out his pellets on the sofa. :roll:

How can i teach him that poops go in the potty?! i put them all in his "out of crate" potty but he just doesn't get it!

i'd leave him to it and just sweep them up but i know he'll end up peeing! if i put down my binbag/towel contraption, he sees it as an open invitation to pee as much as he can in as little time as he can!

he knows the command "NO" but only from Ryan, he doesn't listen to, i'm a wuss! :lol:

am i destined to a life of rabbit/sofa panic or is there anything i can do to encourage him to go in his hay filled potty?!

Oh ive had that panic for a while now!!My sofa is B's personal litter tray but know roughly when she wees the most so just shut her away fpor a few mins each hour during that time[mainly after veggys]:lol:

Back