• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you come up with a name for your buns?

lol i neva made that connection of alvins name to the chipmunks!!v cleva!

not many do hun, think its my age :oops::oops: it amused me hugely when we first had him and i used to leave for work and shout to the house, byeeeee alvin and the chipmunks lolololol yes sad i know but i loved that cartoon :D

Sparkle, because i had her day after bonfire night.
Digger, because he is my rescue bun who had worn down his nails foraging for food, when he kept escaping from his original owner. He doesn't dig at all now. lol.

i'm loving all these stories!

Cadbury was cadbury when we got him, for obvious reasons, but his sister had been named lambchop after some old tv puppet who is a sheep :?. any way, we decided she needed a chocolatey name. she was nearly nestle but that didn't sound quite right for her, so we decided on minstrel due to the little chocolatey splodge on her nose.:D

my very first bunny was called bella after a bunny in a book i had as a child and my sister named hers pepper (she looked just like missysj's domino)

My kids named Snowy for obvious reasons.

101_0362.jpg

We named Flipflop because of her "one up, one down" ears.

flip.jpg

Bobbin was named so because when I first got him home, he explored the ground, sniffing the air and bobbing up and down. Not sure if you've seen this action, but it's so sweet and the name stuck! :lol:

Awww These stories are great.

Teal'c was Pasqual (sp?) when I got him. My dad and I named him Teal'c while we were watching Stargate with him one night because both Teal'cs are kick-butt but quiet.

Teyla was Lola but I decided to name her after the Teyla on Stargate Atlantis, because she's an awesome woman who can hold her own, which totally suits my girl. :D

Most of my buns came already named but

Charlie was Chewy when he arrived but we thought that was asking for trouble :rolleyes:

Lenny, Harry, Mac and Starr were named after the Beatles

Shayla was Flopsy, but I already had a Flopsy and Shayla is a pretty name for a pretty bun.

Apache cos he was a stealth fighter, would hide and pounce when your hand went near him - the other 6 dumped with him were named after helicopters too

The 17 Cradley Heath buns all have black country names because of where we picked them up from.

Back