• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How close will your bun let you get?

They both much prefer me going to their level and rubbing my nose in their fur and pretend im grooming them :oops:

I do this to Poppy all the time - I'm usually laid next to her with my nose buried underneath one of her ears - she just sits there and tooth purrs :love:

This morning when I was tending to the bunnies upstairs part of the hutch, Dizzi decided she wanted to have a sniff of my right eye so got on her hind legs, placed her paws on my chest and stretched as much as she could so she could have a good sniff of it!! We made close eye to nose contact!! Bless :lol:

I think I am lucky in that all mine are easy to handle and love a fuss. 2 of the 11 are a bit timid but still enjoy a cuddle.

I do this to Poppy all the time - I'm usually laid next to her with my nose buried underneath one of her ears - she just sits there and tooth purrs :love:

Is that what the chattering sound coming from their mouth means!? :oops: :lol:

I was always wary of this as i wasnt sure what i meant and the guinea pigs do it to warn eachother off! :lol:

Is that what the chattering sound coming from their mouth means!?

I was always wary of this as i wasnt sure what i meant and the guinea pigs do it to warn eachother off!

If its quite soft then its contentment, but if its loud and grindy it can mean they are in pain.

Is that what the chattering sound coming from their mouth means!? :oops: :lol:

I was always wary of this as i wasnt sure what i meant and the guinea pigs do it to warn eachother off! :lol:

Yes! I think (and I'm sure the other RUers will correct me if I'm wrong) they make this gorgeous little noise when they're happy - but if they do it loudly and excessivley I think it means they have a problem with their teeth. Poppy will do it for about 2 seconds every 20 seconds or so if she's really happy :)

Back