• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are you keeping your buns cool in this weather?

i haven't done much i make sure she has water and shade and i keep an eye on her. the shed is reading 34 degrees tho and how much heat can rabbits take?

i haven't done much i make sure she has water and shade and i keep an eye on her. the shed is reading 34 degrees tho and how much heat can rabbits take?

Most rabbits would retreat underground in the wild, bar a few scouts possibly where its a LOT cooler. 34 degrees is very very hot and i would be surprised if Whisky isn't feeling it. That said, if she's coping, just keep an eye on her :)

Ginger doesn't cope with any temperature over 19 degrees, so is very much struggling right now. That said, Biscuit isn't looking too happy either.

Most rabbits would retreat underground in the wild, bar a few scouts possibly where its a LOT cooler. 34 degrees is very very hot and i would be surprised if Whisky isn't feeling it. That said, if she's coping, just keep an eye on her :)

Ginger doesn't cope with any temperature over 19 degrees, so is very much struggling right now. That said, Biscuit isn't looking too happy either.

she has been sitting in the shad where the shed and the runs are attached. it is still hot there tho 27 degrees outside here today. i really don't know what to do this is my first summer with her x

They do tend to cope very well wiith heat, better than myself I would say. I really worry about them as I am south facing but we've come through many summers now and never had a sick bun. One started shaking some years ago so I got a spray with cold water in it but as soon as the water landed on her she ran away, so it was defeating the object really!

I got an ice pod today but she doesn't seem that bothered to use it? Shes just flopping in the shade.

ice pods, curtains closed, all windows open, spraying cool water on their ears, not letting them outside unless it's morning or evening. our garden is sooo hot. :(

i would put parasols up but they are in the shed and we have lost the key :roll:

Ive dusted off the fan today and have had it on for a bit. It's a bit cooler but Mini's been a bit lethargic, nothing major, just a bit off, so I thought I'd put the fan on and bring some icepods up. They've all ignored the icepods and Mini's got a bit more active.

Smudge has also had a brush cos his fur is so thick right now. :(

Zilch, my two are happy to lie on the cold slabs in their run. They will get 2 hours in the garden this evening & an ice cold carrot. :thumb:

Back