• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Houseguest

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
186031914_10104230245971958_9167578439571800218_n.jpg

This is Floof. She is our friends' cat. They're moving house so she's staying with us for a week so she doesn't have all the fuss and bother of packing and moving and unpacking to deal with. She found a gap behind our kitchen cupboards overnight :lol:

Facebook album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10104230246705488&type=3

Awww! :) That's very kind of you to keep her for them at what would definitely be a confusing time for her. Of course...all those boxes! :love:

My vet in Alaska had to rehabilitate a cat who was caught in a mattress box for 3 months in a move his family was making from Texas to Fairbanks. It was a miracle he survived in the first place but this was helped by my vet's knowledge of refeeding a starved animal. He went on to make a complete recovery. (I think the cat's name was, ironically, Moose.)

Floof is certainly uniquely coloured. She looks grey in ambient light but orange in your lovely breakfast window. :love:

Is Matt getting his "cat fix" then? :lol:

Glad she did not get stuck behind cupboards. It is wonderful your friends can count on you for cat sitting.
She was behind one of the bookcases we'd poorly covered up this morning, so I've rearranged a fold up table to cover it :) There's not many of us with pets but we're all pretty close aso we can foist pet sitting off on each other XD Sadly they're moving an hour away (in good traffic) so they can't reciprocate with the bunnies, but one of our friends has moved a bit closer and he's pretty good with them :)

Awww! :) That's very kind of you to keep her for them at what would definitely be a confusing time for her. Of course...all those boxes! :love:

My vet in Alaska had to rehabilitate a cat who was caught in a mattress box for 3 months in a move his family was making from Texas to Fairbanks. It was a miracle he survived in the first place but this was helped by my vet's knowledge of refeeding a starved animal. He went on to make a complete recovery. (I think the cat's name was, ironically, Moose.)
Crikey, poor cat! That's a massive journey anyway. We had one recently in the area who jumped in a delivery van, and was found a few days later!

Floof is certainly uniquely coloured. She looks grey in ambient light but orange in your lovely breakfast window. :love:
I know, she's got a bit of everything, like a washed out tortie! Breakfast window, that's a cool name :D We call it a bay window :) Ours faces the front and isn't very exciting :lol:

Is Matt getting his "cat fix" then? :lol:
No, it's so sad, Matt's not really been home or downstairs :lol: She's not allowed upstairs because I'm slightly allergic to cats (although I've been alright so far, the rabbits are worse right now :lol:) so we keep our bedroom etc. cat-free. He was here when she was delivered Wendesday but she didn't really have much time to settle before we went to bed, then he was in the office all day yesterday as he's training new starters and they all found it too difficult over Teams, then he was running his game upstairs in the evening and she kept looking at the ceiling in the gaming room every time he moved, spoke etc. :lol: She did come and see him when he was at the computer this morning, then when i got up she followed me around for a bit but Matt came back downstairs at 10am and she hid behind the sofa then retreated to her little cave (it's a cat tower). He's at least home today, so she can get used to the noises, but we're also gaming this evening so in separate rooms! He'll have the whole weekend at least :) We expect her to disrupt our boardgame tomorrow/this weekend (might be long one!) :lol:

Back