• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbits outside??

Lunaandnev

New Kit
Hey everyone!!

I have two bonded bunnies (neutered male and female) that I’ve had for around 8 months. In that time they’ve been free roaming in my bedroom. I love having them here but they’ve been keeping me awake at night a lot and chewing everything even though they have plenty of toys and hay. I’m finding it difficult to sleep and to keep up with spot cleaning all day when they miss their litter box. I can’t move them into a different room as my mum will only let me keep them in my room or outside. I was thinking about possibly moving them outside into an insulated shed connected to a run but I would never want to do this if it would make them unhappy or cold. Of course I would visit them regularly. Does anyone have any thoughts, would this be okay?

Thank you 😁

That sounds absolutely fine & its a great time to move them outside as its warm & lots of time for their coats to adjust. Be sure to make it predator proof too. I do think some rabbits are more inclined to be house rabbits than outside (& vice versa) so personality does play a part.

That sounds absolutely fine & its a great time to move them outside as its warm & lots of time for their coats to adjust. Be sure to make it predator proof too. I do think some rabbits are more inclined to be house rabbits than outside (& vice versa) so personality does play a part.

Totally agree.

Back