• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House bunnies scared of meat cooking?!

If Desty sees me cooking meat (Which let's face it is almost every day. I'm carniverous and everyone knows the only veg I buy the pets eat), she will follow me around, getting under my feet, then try and jump into my plate when I'm eating it! The ammount of times I've put my chicked soup (Big lumps of chicken) on the sofa arm to change a DVD I've had to run back to chase the scamp away from my plate because she'll try and taste it!

Scents don't scare Mimi! She's in our living room and if we enter w/ food (usually no meat comes into this room though) she'll run up! I've got pics of her hounding my grandma for mango. The kitchen isn't far, she only gets timid for a short while if, i.e. getting a pot or pan out makes a noise.

Mine don't like the smell of meat cooking, but what they hate most is the smell of things like garlic. Basically any strong smells.

Sounds like Lily too, maybe thats the link that the meat cooking is a strong smell and she doesnt like it.

Back