• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoss(the boss) U/D Nov 22

Well a week on and Hoss has started to show his personality!
He likes attention and pets on his terms-they are preferred whilst laying in his favorite spot. He gives little nips at our backs(mostly mine) like he's saying hey move!
He is a fantastic hay eater, like absolutely amazing all the time with the noms!
He is not a fan of the dog barking or the scanner going off, but he comforts himself with food and quickly resumes his lamb chop position. He has taken to becoming playful at a little after midnight, effectively waking me up throwing his hay ball around. It sounds so much like Bofur having seizures that OH jumped out of bed and went to check him the first night and I the second and he just looks at us like, "what, I'm playing here, why's you making that face?" To which of course you have to smile at him having so much fun!
Because we ultimately want him to be out with the family we opened the gate and let him explore (video below) So far the only snafu was when Haydn(the dog) walked into his room the same time Hoss was coming out and he got a tail to the face! However Haydn was immediately called out of his room and Hoss just had to follow her and see what was going on.

Can't get link to upload! Gr!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LrOLXVIWVjA

Last edited:
Well Hoss has been with us a month now and continues to be adorable and mischievous every day.
Luckily he no longer needs us to crawl out of the room in order to come out into the living room, it's hard on the knees!
He had great adventures coming into our bedroom for the first time(only fully carpeted area in the house) He took about 5 minutes to go in the first 3 feet but got brave when he saw OH (he is his safe zone it seems) and happily hopped to him before discovering the joy of running around under the bed. Following that he decided to chew the plastic on the baby gate in attempt to get back inside it with us. So a blanket got tucked under the gate and tossed over. Little did I know that would make for a great tunnel!

He runs and runs and binkies and is such a happy seeming bun! But all that running around makes for a sleepy Hoss

He is still getting to explore every day and getting more adventurous (read mischievous) and has begun going behind the love seat and eating my books!
He claimed the dog as his own but she doesn't seem to know that!

His eating habits haven't dwindled which is very exciting!

Oh what a doll he is! :love: Loved the video, that really got my foot tapping and I laughed to see him binky by in that one shot, I was wondering if Californians did that much since they are such big bunnies. :D
I'm used to seeing my minirex, Fiver, take off like a shot, but my Pip, who is part lionhead/part palomino, is usually more sedate.

Your dog is gorgeous! She looks something like our Ebon:
feb%25252014%2525202013%252520002.JPG

I can't leave her alone with Jenna or the cats without her trying to squash them, so it's wonderful to see a dog who is relaxed around a hopping bunny! :shock:

Thought it time for another small update on Mister Hoss. Hoss has decided he is a PlayStation repairman

And if he can't see you, you can't see him

But sometimes he can see you on the sly

And he then gets offended if you ask where he is hiding so he rushes out

He has also taken to helping the little one with her homework

Exciting news tho, Hoss my get a girlfriend!!!!! He doesn't seem one way or another on that subject so we shall see!

Great that he helps with homework and that he can be relied upon to repair the ps.

A girlfriend!!!! Woo hoo we need (will need) photos.

Back