• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope its OK........25th July-0810hrs Post 289-Patrick U/D

So pleased his impaction is on the move and shrinking! Great news! :D I know when Poppy's finally broke down and moved we were very relieved. I hope he likes his pineapple juice. :)

First chance I've had to check how your gang are doing....I'm sat here smiling 'cos it all seems so much more positive tonight :) I have fingers crossed that everyone continues to improve and life gets a little less fraught for you Jane :)

Just caught up on today's later posts on this thread.

You do realise, Jane, that people up and down the country are anxiously logging in daily to check on the current size of Patrick's impaction?! :lol: :lol: Tell Patrick we'll all raise a glass (of pineapple juice) to him when it's gone! ;)

Honestly, his Lordship has to have his water served lukewarm with some Avipro Plus and a bit of Pineapple Juice added.

:shock::shock::lol::lol::lol: Get well soon boy. I'm sure your slave (I meant mummy) will be happy to do anything for you. :)

You could say that !!

Honestly, his Lordship has to have his water served lukewarm with some Avipro Plus and a bit of Pineapple Juice added. I am happy to oblige as I just want him drinking as much as possible.

The impaction is even smaller tonight :)

That's wonderful news, Jane. I'm delighted. Come on Patrick get the lot out tomorrow so tour Mum can get some sleep. :)

Patrick is soooooooo much better :D There is still some impaction to clear but from how things have gone over the last 24 hours I am hopeful that it should be gone by early next week :)

He has had his Pineapple Juice and Avipro Breakfast Cocktail and is now ploughing his way through a pile of Hay and Herbage

003-42.jpg

:love:

I honestly did not think Patrick would make it. I am so happy that it looks like he will :D

Would it be useful if I posted about exactly how his illness evolved. Caecal Impaction is not the same as GI Stasis and treating it is also very different. I had never experienced it before in any Bunny in my care so this has been a huge learning curve for me. I just wondered if it might help other Buns if I posted in detail what happened with Patrick and the exact treatment he was prescribed ??????????????

whoooooop whoooooop whooooooop

please do post about the symptoms hun, a bloke at work had his bunny put down yesterday due to a blockage (no other info and i didnt want to pry), now if its classed as a blockage but is savable i really want that info in my head.

Oh thats good that he is getting better now.....what a brave wee man, letting you give him allsorts of meds this past while. Keep up the good work Patrick x

Definately.
I lost my Ollie to a gut impaction...not sure if it was ceacal (sp) though.
I wish I had been able to do something more to fight for her. Maybe I should have taken her home to try and nurse her through instead of letting try to operate....

Notes especially early warning signs would be great!

Yey for Patrick...Princess Peach and Princess Daisy suggest jumping on Mummy, it's great exercise supposedly!!!:roll:

Sorry about my norty Buns, glad to hear everything is more positive...now go have a sleep :)

:wave: I have been away for a couple of days and worrying about Patrick. So glad to come back to find that he is recovering well, he is one special bunny. :love::love::love:

Well done to you, Christabel and our exotic vets on here for helping him through this.

Patrick says ' Fank you for caring about me. I would show yous all my impaction but Ize affwaid I ate it'..........................:)

xx

Patrick says ' Fank you for caring about me. I would show yous all my impaction but Ize affwaid I ate it'..........................:)

xx

Thanks for the offer Patrick but we will take your word for it. I just hope it passes faster second time round! :shock::shock:

Back