• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hiya newbie..

Jade-Marie

New Kit
Hiya, i just came across this site and thought ide join.

My names Jade and im 17.

i live in harrogate, and i breed rabbits =]
i currently breed lionhead for pet and REW and BEW Mini Lop for Show/Breeding.

i come under stud name BiltonLions&Lops

im just starting out with the minis, have 2 bucks coming to me at the end of the month and have a mated up doe due in around 4 weeks or so.

Well i hope to chat with some of you soon =]

X Jade X

Hi there :wave: I'm fairly new to the forum also. The people on here are very friendly and really helpful. You might find though that many won't like the fact that you are breeding rabbits and they may question your reasons for doing so. Many of the members on here work with rescue centres who are inundated with bunnies that need re-homing. The problem is there are already so many unloved, unwanted bunnies that creating more simply adds to the problem :cry:

Hi there :wave: I'm fairly new to the forum also. The people on here are very friendly and really helpful. You might find though that many won't like the fact that you are breeding rabbits and they may question your reasons for doing so. Many of the members on here work with rescue centres who are inundated with bunnies that need re-homing. The problem is there are already so many unloved, unwanted bunnies that creating more simply adds to the problem :cry:

Yeah alot of people wont like it but all my rabbits are my pets and stay with me, all my kits go to good homes and stay in there homes, i take all kits back if im asked to do so. and adults that retire go to forever homes where they are neutered/spayed and bonded with another rabbit.
i dont do it to make money as i dont make money from breeding. i do it as a hobby and i have alot of people who want rabbits from me, i dont cross breed and wouldnt ever cross breed, and alot of rabbits that are in rescues are cross breed, alot of people want full breed bunnies from a named breeder.
all my doe's only get mated up twice a year untill the age of 3 where they retire from breeding.
i am a responsable breeder, and i have a love for rabbits.
if people dont like the fact i breed thats ok, but its due to all those irrisponsable breeders as to why alot of cross breed rabbits are in rescues.

people shouldnt be bringing down the responsable breeders.

anyway .... Hello :D and thank u for the kind welcomes =-]

Yeah alot of people wont like it but all my rabbits are my pets and stay with me, all my kits go to good homes and stay in there homes, i take all kits back if im asked to do so. and adults that retire go to forever homes where they are neutered/spayed and bonded with another rabbit.
i dont do it to make money as i dont make money from breeding. i do it as a hobby and i have alot of people who want rabbits from me, i dont cross breed and wouldnt ever cross breed, and alot of rabbits that are in rescues are cross breed, alot of people want full breed bunnies from a named breeder.
all my doe's only get mated up twice a year untill the age of 3 where they retire from breeding.
i am a responsable breeder, and i have a love for rabbits.
if people dont like the fact i breed thats ok, but its due to all those irrisponsable breeders as to why alot of cross breed rabbits are in rescues.

people shouldnt be bringing down the responsable breeders.

anyway .... Hello :D and thank u for the kind welcomes =-]

:wave: Hi welcome to the forum, as an owner of 2 crossbreed rabbits who I love dearly I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think you are doing well at 17 years of age to be doing such a wonderful job of breeding your rabbits, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your set up - it's about time we saw some good breeders set-ups - most of them are cramped, dirty and the rabbits don't get hardly any exercise time or the companionship of another rabbit apart from the ones opposite in breeding hutches who are equally as miserable, from what your saying and as your are pets, yours will all have the recommended size enclosures so can't wait to see the pics. I have even encountered breeders who eat their stock so to see a good one will be a nice change for me. How many rabbits do you have?:wave:

:wave: Hi welcome to the forum, as an owner of 2 crossbreed rabbits who I love dearly I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think you are doing well at 17 years of age to be doing such a wonderful job of breeding your rabbits, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your set up - it's about time we saw some good breeders set-ups - most of them are cramped, dirty and the rabbits don't get hardly any exercise time or the companionship of another rabbit apart from the ones opposite in breeding hutches who are equally as miserable, from what your saying and as your are pets, yours will all have the recommended size enclosures so can't wait to see the pics. I have even encountered breeders who eat their stock so to see a good one will be a nice change for me. How many rabbits do you have?:wave:

at the minute i have 3 breeding buns and one rabbit im looking after for a friend, one doe has 5 kits in with her that are all going to there new homes next weekend, and have two mini lops coming to me in may, each one of my rabbits goes out in the run everyday in all weather apart from snow they have a cover for there run and have a little house they can go in, so they can be out exersizing. they also get run of the garden in nice weather which i split into 3 sections so 4 rabbits can be out at one time.
i dont keep my rabbits in a shed, i have one hutch that is solely for kits when they get too 7 weeks of age, i have 1 P@H 5 1/2 ft hutch 2 tier and another one on order for when my minis arrive, i also have a custom made hutch for my two does which are 5foot but are alot deeper than the others. and then my 3 tier 6/7 foot hutch for the kits.
alot of breeders get a bad name but there are responsable breeders out there.
once i have found my leads for my camera i shall get some pictures posted of the set up i currently have, if not ill try upload them from my phone.
X jade x

at the minute i have 3 breeding buns and one rabbit im looking after for a friend, one doe has 5 kits in with her that are all going to there new homes next weekend, and have two mini lops coming to me in may, each one of my rabbits goes out in the run everyday in all weather apart from snow they have a cover for there run and have a little house they can go in, so they can be out exersizing. they also get run of the garden in nice weather which i split into 3 sections so 4 rabbits can be out at one time.
i dont keep my rabbits in a shed, i have one hutch that is solely for kits when they get too 7 weeks of age, i have 1 P@H 5 1/2 ft hutch 2 tier and another one on order for when my minis arrive, i also have a custom made hutch for my two does which are 5foot but are alot deeper than the others. and then my 3 tier 6/7 foot hutch for the kits.
alot of breeders get a bad name but there are responsable breeders out there.
once i have found my leads for my camera i shall get some pictures posted of the set up i currently have, if not ill try upload them from my phone.
X jade x

:wave: Cool :)

Back