• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

I came on here because I don't know how to cope with the death of my rabbit, it's been just over a month now, and every moment hurts, I constantly think about him, he was my best friend, better than any human has been, he was always there for me, I miss spending all that time making his food and completely overdoing the presentation even though he'd just destroy it, and bringing him inside and he'd scare the cats, and he used to groom me as well, and when I took him back out to his hutch all I have to do is put him on the floor and he'd walk down the garden with me and stop when I did. I was the only one he let pick him up, he died of a parasite, I didn't want him to suffer, I knew if we kept him alive he'd be in pain and I didn't want that, we buried him in the garden with his bowl full of food and his favourite treats and his water bottle full of water and the treat my mum bought for him that day, he never got to eat it, we also buried him with 'his spot' it was a flat brick he used to sit on all the time. I just can't get over his death, I need something to look after, to baby, but I don't want another rabbit, it would hurt to much, but I don't know if it's right to get another pet so soon after his death.
If any of you watch family guy, you'll get this. I feel like Stewie did when Brien died, and if I had a time machine like he does, I would go back in time and prevent Midnight's death. :cry::bunny::rabbit2:
This song represents what I feel -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xghYihKX9Es

This is him, the cat is Hoshii, she died too, a couple of years ago...
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f84def0bc9ebcd3c40de7c156734fa7a&oe=57596D38

Last edited:
Dear Midnight,

I am so sorry for your loss. Midnight is very cute. I once had a bunny named Midnight too.

You had a very special relationship with your bunny. He may never be replaced. That being said, someday you may meet a bunny who warms your heart and you will want to give him or her a good home, not to replace Midnight, but because of the wonderful relationship you had with him.

You will know when you are ready for a new friend. In the meantime it may help you to write some happy thoughts about your late bunny and hopefully some happy tears from his memory will be mixed with the sad tears of his loss.

Sending you a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen.

Last edited:
Aww he was so beautiul.
I felt heartbroken when I lost my cat (she was my entire world) it hurt so much I swore I would never get a pet ever again as I couldn't bare to go through the pain of losing another pet and I felt like it would be wrong to love another pet, alomost like I was betraying her, or making it seam like I was forgetting her, or trying to replace her; which of course wasn't the case, but these things go through your mind. It feels like losing a family member and it is awful. Regardless of convincing myself I wouldn't get any more pets, since Chloe (my cat), I have had two other cats and two rabbits (one rabbit who sadly was put to sleep last year).
I love my current pets just as much as I loved Chloe and I honestly didn't think that would ever be possible as she really was everything to me but I do love my current pets as much.
What I realised is that even though the loss is unbearable, the love they gave you is worth it and it is okay to love another animal. Your heart will get bigger with each pet and bigger still with each loss. They will always be in your heart, your photos, your memories.
I think about Chloe every day, I still miss her, same with Pixie (the lionhead we lost last year) I still love them but I also love my current pets more than life it self and will give them a great life and they will give us so much joy and love and when they go we will miss them for the rest of our life just like we do with Chloe and Pixie but there are no regrets and we will find love for other pets in the future, they are worth it. To have them in your life at all is worth all the pain and loss when you lose them.
I hope you can find comfort in that xx

I came on here because I don't know how to cope with the death of my rabbit, it's been just over a month now, and every moment hurts, I constantly think about him, he was my best friend, better than any human has been, he was always there for me, I miss spending all that time making his food and completely overdoing the presentation even though he'd just destroy it, and bringing him inside and he'd scare the cats, and he used to groom me as well, and when I took him back out to his hutch all I have to do is put him on the floor and he'd walk down the garden with me and stop when I did. I was the only one he let pick him up, he died of a parasite, I didn't want him to suffer, I knew if we kept him alive he'd be in pain and I didn't want that, we buried him in the garden with his bowl full of food and his favourite treats and his water bottle full of water and the treat my mum bought for him that day, he never got to eat it, we also buried him with 'his spot' it was a flat brick he used to sit on all the time. I just can't get over his death, I need something to look after, to baby, but I don't want another rabbit, it would hurt to much, but I don't know if it's right to get another pet so soon after his death.
If any of you watch family guy, you'll get this. I feel like Stewie did when Brien died, and if I had a time machine like he does, I would go back in time and prevent Midnight's death. :cry::bunny::rabbit2:
This song represents what I feel -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xghYihKX9Es

This is him, the cat is Hoshii, she died too, a couple of years ago...
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=f84def0bc9ebcd3c40de7c156734fa7a&oe=57596D38

Hello Midnight Billybob :wave:

I'm so sorry you lost your soulmate. You will find many of us here have felt what you are going through :(

He was a beautiful bunny and obviously loved you to bits.

There is no right or wrong about getting another rabbit. It's not disrespectful to Midnight in any way. If you want to browse rabbits in Rescue Centres, you would be doing them an enormously good turn by giving them another chance at a wonderful life, if ever the time feels right for you x

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in the right place for like minded and understanding people. Take care and I hope you enjoy being part of something special...RU. x

Back