• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Oook!

New Kit
:wave:

I'm Zac.

Today I have become the human slave to Angus and Hamish. That's their names on the adoption paperwork but I'm sure my son will have other ideas.

They have joined Carvin the guinea pig in my converted shed. Carvin is in a separate enclosure away from the rabbits but she can see and hear them for company. We started with 4 piggies but Fender, Gibson and Washburn have all passed away over the last 18 months. Yes, guitar manufacturers are unusual names for female guinea pigs but I named them and I like guitars. :D

I have many years experience in keeping tropical fish. My record was 3 tanks but I'm now down to 1 due to space.

I am allegedly employed by a large former No.1 Supermarket chain, but I haven't been at work for some months because I had a discectomy and fusion between vertebrae L5 and S1 in my spine last year. I currently spend my time taking my son to and from school and pretending to do the housework. I'm also very interested in photography, music, electronics, explosions, cooking and computer games.

I'm a relative newbie to posting in forums. I'm fairly active on Twitter and Flickr but I hate Facebook, so I apologise for any social media faux pas I may commit.

hi and welcome to the forum, well done on adopting rabbits, how old is your guinea pig? if young enough would you think of adopting another in future, I know they love the company of another piggy I love the squeaks they make

I'll try some photos in a couple of days when they are a bit more settled. Apparently their previous owner didn't handle them much so they are very nervous. I have been fighting the urge to do more than just keep an eye on them today. Just been checking that they have been eating and drinking (lots) and pooing and weeing (also lots).

Carvin is at least 6 years old possibly closer to 7. She was pretty anti-social with Washburn before she died and I think she would probably struggle bonding with any other piggies so have decided to let her live out her life on her own. I would bring her into the house except we really don't have any space and my wife suffers with a lot of allergies.

Welcome! I see you're interested in electronics and stuff, a few people here have 'bunny cams' set up in their sheds to keep an eye on their fluffs. Might be a nice little project!

We also like pictures of guinea pigs, so please feel free to share...;)

I'll try some photos in a couple of days when they are a bit more settled. Apparently their previous owner didn't handle them much so they are very nervous. I have been fighting the urge to do more than just keep an eye on them today. Just been checking that they have been eating and drinking (lots) and pooing and weeing (also lots).

Carvin is at least 6 years old possibly closer to 7. She was pretty anti-social with Washburn before she died and I think she would probably struggle bonding with any other piggies so have decided to let her live out her life on her own. I would bring her into the house except we really don't have any space and my wife suffers with a lot of allergies.

aww bless her,would love to see piccies of your pets :love: there is also a guinea pig forum to https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/rabbit-rehome.38299/ to people post their piccies on here as well :)

Welcome! I see you're interested in electronics and stuff, a few people here have 'bunny cams' set up in their sheds to keep an eye on their fluffs. Might be a nice little project!

We also like pictures of guinea pigs, so please feel free to share...;)
I would very much like to do this and have been looking at the required kit, but my wife (the keeper of the purse strings) is already making noises about the cost so far. So it'll have to wait a while. She does a good job of earning the money and I do a good job of spending it.

I did mount an old Sony camcorder that has zero lux night vision capability in with the guinea pigs one time just to see what they got up to at night. I'll get that down from the loft and try it again, unfortunately the battery only lasts about 90 minutes and it isn't HD picture quality.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Hi:wave: how are the rabbits settling in now?

I'm new here too and new to rabbit ownership. I have 3 mini lop / lion head sisters who are 8 months :)

Back