• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

kelpopp

New Kit
Hello

I found your forum whilst looking for info/advice about the 2 new rabbits I've just collected. I'll post my (probably ridiculously simple) question in the right place after I introduce myself.

I live with my Husband and 3 kids just outside Newcastle upon tyne. We have a bit of a menagerie going on with a 4 year old Border X Lakeland Terrier called Albert, 2 rats (Vic and Bob, we've had them for 4 years but I'm not sure how old they are as they were a 'free to good home' pair from Gumtree and their previous owner was a bit vague aout their age when we took them) a whole load of fish, a beautiful guinea pig called Lucy and (as of today) 2 dear little rabbits called Violet and Shearer.

We used to keep chickens and ducks but our last one died recently so we're in the middle of a major repair job in the garden!

I work in a call centre (soul destroying) and my absolute passions are cooking and quilting (and looking after the kids, him indoors and the pets of course!) I think that about it - looking forward to making 2 previously neglected little rabbits very happy!! xx

thanks for a lovely welcome xxx

Hello! What a fab welcome! I've not got photos of the bunies yet - we were so excited to see them exploring and tasting grass and whatnot I totally forgot to take and photos but I'll get some tomorrow.

We're not sure how old they are, they seem young and the previous owners had them for about 4 months so I assume they're about 6 months old (but if there's any way of telling how old they might be - I know it sounds stupid and they're not trees so I can't count their rings or anything but I thought I'd ask!) They're a male (neutered) and a female (unspayed) The boy's name is Shearer and he's all black with a white spot on the wiggly bit of his nose and the little girl is all white with beautiful pink eyes and she's called Violet.

Photos to follow I promise. Also I posted a couple of questions I have in the Health section - if its the wrong place I apologise in advance!

Kelly xxx

Back