• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello - again... x From me, Harley & Bailey?

FireRose

Warren Scout
Hey all,

I haven't been around for a little while, last year I lost my fur baby after 8 years of having the pleasure, he sadly died after battling with the snuffles, it was so hard, and seeing everyone with new buns was hard so I took myself away...

Well in November, a "friend of a friend" had brought a bunny and kept complaining she was agressive, and bitey, and were threatening to release her in the garden or sell as live feed :(

So despite me still mourning, I took her in... She was approximately 12 weeks old when I took her to the vets and only about 800g in weight :( and yes she was grumpy... A growler for sure, though she never bit, she was a meanance lol.

I thought our flat was bunny proofed, but she found bits I NEVER thought a bunny could/would get.. So that was back in November.

She's turned in to a beautiful girl, although she still doesn't like cuddles, or being picked up, she will groom you, she will lay down for strokes and let you give her attention on the floor, she loves the ocassional treat of a small bit of rich tea, and loves her herbs!

She's a fantastic hay eater, and she really is a little madam, but a very cute one at that.

Saturday we went to a rescue for her to find her a husbun, to which she's picked her suitor, all went well at the rescue, way home fine, then at home, she decided to take a chunk out his bum (of fur, no injuries thank goodness lol) Obvioulsy it wasn't neutral enough in the bathroom...

So we got a play pen and took them out in the garden instead yesterday, lots of chasing, though no nipping, but no grooming from either parties off yet, it is still the battle of the dominance lol..

Hopefully it will go well though, I can't wait to get back on the forum, and share the story of themhopefully falling in love together.

Here's some photo's of her when we first got her + our new rescue, who was called Arnie.. But's it's very similar to Harley, so we may rename him to Bailey, though we're still not decided yet!

IMG_2495_zpsjlqwc47c.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Hi :wave:

Sorry you lost your rabbit, that must have been difficult for you. You were very kind to take Harley in, good luck with the bonding x

Hi all *waves**

Harley is a darling as long as you pet and love on her terms im so lucky she came in to my life

Day 3 on bonding and were still playing
Chase as neither wishes to submit to the other

Going to try putting them in a carrier tomorrow go for a drive then come
Back and put in pen...fingers crossed x x

Back