• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heart is pounding, awaiting a call about this bunny!

Dear all, firstly, I am SO sorry for leaving it so long before coming back to update. Life went off at a tangent, I got very ill, had a housemove, so much went on over recent months I almost went into shut-down. BUT, that little rabbit, Marge that I fell in love with.. After convincing the sanctuary that I truly, wholeheartedly wanted this little girl, she finally came home :love: It wasnt the easiest of tasks convincing the sanctuary of my love for Marge, so many people had seen her, been informed of her numerous health problems, promised her a home, then simply walked away and never came back for her. Promise after promise, but this little innocent victim of abuse and neglect still got left behind, time after time. I have told her story in the following poem, and I know you will all take her to your hearts, it's impossible not to :)

Little Marge's Story.

Im sure I didnt do anything wrong,
And I tried to be a good bun.
But one day, my carers stopped loving me,
And my world became cold, and no fun.

I got hungry, but rarely was I given food,
I got dirty, got sore, and so ill.
My heart, it just ached with the need for some love,
A need it seemed, no-one could fill.

I realised soon that I wasn't nice,
Who'd want a bad bunny like me?
I was crawling with maggots, and covered in poo,
I'm not sure how all this came to be.

One day I was passed to some strangers,
And they held me, and cried in dismay.
Was that because I was so horrible?
Would they also throw me away?

But no!They had time, and they spared some for me!
They washed me and fed me aswell!
They trimmed my long claws and I found I could walk
Without pain, they CARED, I could tell..

My once lovely teeth that had rotted, gone bad
Were removed so they gave me no pain.
I was constantly told that it WASN'T my fault,
And hope entered my heart once again.

The neglect from my past had left me quite blind,
And my eye hurt beyond all belief.
A Vet took it away, the pain ended that day,
Such a wonderful, heart-felt relief.

But my past left it's scars that could not be removed,
And I thought that's all people will see.
A little scarred bunny still needing much care,
And so many just walked straight passed me.

But the people who'd helped me said not to lose hope,
That one day an adopter would come,
And not see the scars of my horrible past,
They would see just a beautiful bun.

Well, that person, she came! And she didn't walk past!
She held me with tears in her eyes.
But I still didn't know how all would turn out,
More rejection, or a lovely surprise?

Well Im telling my story from my lovely new home!
Yes that lady, she came back for me!
And this time all tears were of joy for the bun
Who was going home..Finaly!

My carers at Freshfields, I will never forget,
They're the ones who never gave up.
And although I moved on it will live in my heart
How they changed my world and my luck.

Now Im finally home with a friend of my own,
And a carer who saw the real me.
I am happy, Im safe, forever Im loved,
The way that it was ment to be.

By Anne.M.Kenyon

:love::love::love::love::love:Ive just seen Benjamin's story/video oh I cried! with sadness and joy and now he has Marge too:love::love::love::love:
Youre an angel for giving these two so very special bunnies a forever home with so much love and care!
The poem is just beautiful...I hope you send a copy to the rescue..Im sure theyd love it!:love:

Id love to see some piccies of them:love::love::love:

:love: I've often wondered what happened with this little bun! I'm so glad you've come back to tell us! I'm sitting here crying at your poem, it's so sad but lovely too. I have to go to work now but will look at your pics later :love:
Jo

I've just read your other story and your poem above and now have tears running down my cheeks <3

Well done for being such a caring hoomin! Your bunnies are soooo lucky to have you :love::love::love::love:

awww This did make me sob :love::love: what a lovely happy ending :D

I've just read your other story and your poem above and now have tears running down my cheeks <3

Well done for being such a caring hoomin! Your bunnies are soooo lucky to have you :love::love::love::love:

Thankyou all so much :love: These two buns just love each other so much, they are inseperable. It fills me with so much joy just sitting here watching them, so really, it's me who is the lucky one :)

Just a funny memory of mine that I thought would make you smile...
The evening the Marge came home after Freshfields so kindly agreed to do a single day bonding because of Benjamin's extreme circumstances, I very quickly realised what I had let myself in for ..... :D
Over previous months, Benjamin had done quite a number on my living room, interior design wise :shock:
There was barely a bit of un-nommed wall or an un-nommed corner to be found. Allowing Marge and Benjamin out of the bonding hutch to have a run, and for Marge to explore her new home, I couldn't help but be so deeply touched at this tiny little blind rabbit's innocence... Until... The all to familiar sound of nomming, the sound of wall-nomming reached my ears. There, in a far corner, nomming away merrily, was Little Marge. Somehow, this tiny, blind newcomer had managed to find the only corner in my flat that hadn't already been nommed. She did a blazing job of rectifying that situation... Now ALL the corners matched :D:D:D:D I just looked at her, shook my head in smiling acceptance and said ''Welcome home Marge, welcome home!!!'' :love:

:love::love::love::love:thankyou for the video! I didnt see ap ic of Marge before - isnt she so pretty! and I didnt realise than Benjamin was deaf ....poor little lad:cry:

BUT they have each other now and must be the happiest little souls about! Bless you for bringing love, joy and tender care into their lives!:love::love::love::love:

Back