• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hear the Echo-Grand National Fatality

Poor horse. I feel very upset by the whole thing.

RIP you wonderful and amazing horses that deserve to be running free away from this world where you suffered for money and greed. You are in a better place now.

The BBC have stopped airing Crufts because of the whole inbreeding/cruelty issue yet they continue to show this disgusting cruel event year after year. Where on earth are their ethics. It is utter hypocrisy.

Poor horse. I feel very upset by the whole thing.

RIP you wonderful and amazing horses that deserve to be running free away from this world where you suffered for money and greed. You are in a better place now.

The BBC have stopped airing Crufts because of the whole inbreeding/cruelty issue yet they continue to show this disgusting cruel event year after year. Where on earth are their ethics. It is utter hypocrisy.

I couldnt agree more,gallop free,feel the wind in your mane sweetheart xxx

I read somewhere that she had collapsed a couple of times earlier in the week and had to be revived yet was still allowed to race. Not sure how true that is but the same thing apparently happened to butler's cabin aswell but he was revived thankfully.

As someone mentioned about crufts, the grand national, in my opinion, is a LOT crueler than crufts but the BBC make too much money from it to boycott it. They are very good at propagandising the public into these makeshift beliefs they have.

D:

Although it is a great loss that he died, He died doing what he loved. Race horses are born to race, it's in their blood. They enjoy it, and at the same time they have a luxurious life. He's a horse that made thousands of people happy by racing and inspired many Jockeys and people at home. He made a mark and he won't be forgotten, and he had a nice life while he was around. Who's to say that if he wasn't a race horse he wouldn't of had a heart attack anyway?
EDIT: And the owners, jockey and everyone involved with the horse were devastated. They do care about their horses, they give them the best lives possible.
EDIT: And race horses aren't 'forced' to race. If a horse didn't want to, it wouldn't. I know from experience you can't force a horse to move when he/she doesn't want to. As for the whole whip thing, jockeys get banned for hitting their horse with the stick- which does hurt . They mereley flick the horse slightly to encourage it forwards, as the horse can see the whip out of the corner of it's eye. It's just a tap.

Last edited:
Its all about money for greedy self indulgent humans

ETA This thread was started to pay respect to Hear the Echo, not to start yet another argument about Horse Racing.

Last edited:
No more discussing whether horseracing should be banned or not on this thread please. There is a thread running in general chat for that.
This is a Rainbow Bridge thread so have some respect.
:)

it is terrible poor horses victims of man, just for fame and money.. man requires more and more out of them in all contexts all over the world... so sad.. :(

So sorry that you had to participate and as a result ended up at the bridge. Gallop Free in the spring sunshine.

Hear The Echo

My son and i were sooo very upset Saturday to hear 'Hear The Echo' had died in the Grand National. Grand National?, the name of this event should be changed to what it really is... Horse cruelty. Why are these people allowed to do this to these poor horses. Murdering Monsters!. I am a real believer of what goes around comes around and i truley believe those people responsible will pay. Poor poor beautiful animal.

R.I.P.

Back