• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay prices

I think average prices are about £5 a bale. Thats what i pay anyway, ive got my hay from a couple of livery yards and they were all £5.

My god,you pay ALOT for your hay.:shock:
I get my hay from a farm,it's the same hay that i give my horses.
It's very nice hay,smells great and both horses and buns love it.(and the cat for some reason)
We pay a little over £2 for a bale weighing 10 kg.
I know i'm in a different country than most of you but how can it be such a difference in price?
How much do your bales weigh?

How do I get my buns to like cheap hay?? I've tried various types of meadow hay but they just won't eat it and I have to give them Burgess timothy just to get them eating again so they don't get stasis!

My god,you pay ALOT for your hay.:shock:
I get my hay from a farm,it's the same hay that i give my horses.
It's very nice hay,smells great and both horses and buns love it.(and the cat for some reason)
We pay a little over £2 for a bale weighing 10 kg.
I know i'm in a different country than most of you but how can it be such a difference in price?
How much do your bales weigh?

I think we've had bad hay making weather here for the past couple of years and it's pushed the prices up.

My two are Denton (inner city manchester) buns and have their own ways of getting hay cheaply. Once a month Titus steals a white van and they drive to the local warehouse in the middle of the night. Loki humps the security guard in the face until he gives in and lets them in. They then fill the van up with bales and drive to a lock up in Moss Side where its repackaged and then sold to their bunneh friends at modest yet profitable prices...

My two are Denton (inner city manchester) buns and have their own ways of getting hay cheaply. Once a month Titus steals a white van and they drive to the local warehouse in the middle of the night. Loki humps the security guard in the face until he gives in and lets them in. They then fill the van up with bales and drive to a lock up in Moss Side where its repackaged and then sold to their bunneh friends at modest yet profitable prices...

:lol: so funny!

Back