• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay only diet...

terry7

New Kit
a member of my team said today that apparently it's good for bus to give them just hay for a few days...
one of my buns has quite sloppy poos and she has been better as she has been on just hay for 2 days..
is this good or bad?
she is missing her normal food though,..

I'd just give hay for a few days to clear up the soft poo, the slowly introduce pellets (1/2 a handfull) and see how you get on from there :D

Hay is excellent for bunnies and if that's helped her problem it's a good indication that long term changes in her diet would solve it. As Nicole suggests I'd recommend feeding small quantites of high fibre pellets along side the hay long-term. Rabbits need very few pellets it's just to top up vitamins/minerals.

Tam

What is her normal food? May be worth trying a switch to a higher fibre pellet when you reintroduce pellets slowly into her diet.

i am also in this dilema, having tried unsucessfuly to improve the bottum cleaning of lilly bun , if she is on hay only it sorts itself in 2 days, she also needs to be on low calcium diet but i just cant find one that suits her.

Back