• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Norwich tops £9 a bale!

If you type in on the Internet hay for pets the first result that you see click on. I use this hay. I use the meadow hay which is £16 for 9.5 kg which I find is a very god price as hay is getting so expensive In pets at home and most pet shops.This hay is also very good quality.hope this helps.:)

Hay for Pets is good but very expensive, I know a lot of people on here use them but I have 11 mouths to feed... this stuff according to the website is 35-40kg per bale at £5 so it has to be worth a try!!

This hay, because it comes from a wildflower meadow, has quite a lot of stalky "stuff" in it, compared to Ken's and the stuff from Norfolk Pastures which is much softer. But the buns seem to love picking out the crunchy bits first, so it must taste alright. :)

Just had 3 bales delivered from carton park. At £15 for 3 it's a bargain as there is defiantly more than in a normal square bale. Tons of stalky flowers in mine but it smells lovely and is nice and green. I can see this being popular with the furries.

:shock: oh wow!

Im not very happy with my current bale...green but soft small grass - the buns much prefer stalhy and its dusty....:(

Might have to get some more from elswhere...and mix them abit.:?

I've only been getting bales for about 18 months but it was like that last year about this time, I think it's where it's fresher so it's greener and softer. Mine prefer the yellow, stalky stuff too but they'll eat the green stuff as well.

Just had 3 bales delivered from carton park. At £15 for 3 it's a bargain as there is defiantly more than in a normal square bale. Tons of stalky flowers in mine but it smells lovely and is nice and green. I can see this being popular with the furries.

Where is Carton park pls? do you have a tel no. or link?

Where is Carton park pls? do you have a tel no. or link?

:lol: sorry it was supposed to say Catton park :lol:. Thats the Norfolkhay website. He said he is going on holiday for the next 2 weeks but will be cutting and baleing until the end of September and should have some through the winter :D

:wave: so is it £5 including delivery - thats very good!! would he deliver to Cromer do you think?

I emailed him a couple of days ago and he emailed back yesterday to say that he only has 1 bale left (and it is mine!! Being delivered tonight :D) and won't be getting more until september.

I got a good bale of hay for £5.50 this week from Five Acre Feed, Roughton.
Always used then last year until I got one bad bale and started going to Ken's at Taverham but saw his prices creeping up and up and every bale I've had from Five Acre the last couple of months has been very good.

Hi Cheryl good to see you! It's good to know you got some from the same place I did. I was initially a bit dubious about the amount of stalky stuff in the hay (given Sprocket's past tummy trouble) but the buns seem to go for it and actually pick out the crunchy stuff for nomming first and no sign of any upset tums so all looks good. Also Sprocket seemsto be sneezing less recently so perhaps the new hay hels in that regard as when I broke the bale down I think I got rid of a lot of dusty stuff. :wave:

if anyone runs short I have a shedfull now! :D

Hi Cheryl good to see you! It's good to know you got some from the same place I did. I was initially a bit dubious about the amount of stalky stuff in the hay (given Sprocket's past tummy trouble) but the buns seem to go for it and actually pick out the crunchy stuff for nomming first and no sign of any upset tums so all looks good. Also Sprocket seemsto be sneezing less recently so perhaps the new hay hels in that regard as when I broke the bale down I think I got rid of a lot of dusty stuff. :wave:

if anyone runs short I have a shedfull now! :D

Hiya :wave:. I havent broken mine up yet, although will be this afternoon when we clean out. Looking at the outside there is tons of stalky flowers in it but I can see my bunnies enjoying them :D. I am glad he brought 3 bales instead of the 4 I asked for as I had trouble squeezing in these ones as they are so big :lol:. I am glad your buns are all ok on it. I will probably spend all afternoon watching them eat it now :lol:

Back