• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay from The Range

To those who are interested my order direct from the supplier came today, all the bags look like good quality hay, nothing dodgy looking

Mine wouldn't touch that hay I ended up giving 5 bags away to my friend for his ferrets to sleep on :cry:

Mine wouldn't touch that hay I ended up giving 5 bags away to my friend for his ferrets to sleep on :cry:

Was that from TheRange about 6 months ago? Very brown and stringy? I had the same problem and ended up giving loads away. The current batch is better now though, although I only buy a couple bags at a time, don't want to get stung like last time!

Was that from TheRange about 6 months ago? Very brown and stringy? I had the same problem and ended up giving loads away. The current batch is better now though, although I only buy a couple bags at a time, don't want to get stung like last time!

Yep it was very stringy I'll have a look at the new bags if it's better although there is a warehouse that does pet supplies near me I found that gets dust free hay and it's a big bag and really stalky it's only £3.75 for a big bag and they love it but I like to get some different ones to mix in :)

I have started to buy this online.

You can get 5 bags for £20 I think it is.

However a local childs farm has just started selling whole bales of straw and hay. I may buy these, its just having space to store them!

I just buy bales...that way I can pick my hay and it only costs £7.50 a bale. Marnie loves it and so do Karens buns (Rhianna)

I use this hay as my local pet shop 'Petstop' stocks it and its cheaper than P@Hand I like the quality, my buns and guineas love it and they're not sneezing like they were with P@H hay.

Although my friend has got some gorgeous green, great quality hay that she buys from a farm she knows and only pays £3 a bale for it so I'm starting to buy it off her in half and quarter bale amounts so it's costing me £1.50 for the same amount I buy of the devon hay that costs £3-£4.

So buying bales is prolly better if you have the space. If you don't then that hay is great :)

Last edited:
Back