• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay advice urgent

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Right well seeing as the bunnys are on a hay only diet, what is the best kind of hay to get?? Is other hay better than others?? Need to stock up a.s.a.p but want to give them a varity

Hello Fellow Derbyshire Person :wave:

I have read you're other thread about the vet advicing you drop the pellets from your buns diet, I would recommend reducing them slowly and not dropping them all together. A buns diet should only contain a small egg cup full of pellets a day, mine get this in the morning and then the rest of the diet is hay and veg.

I recommend that you visit the hay experts online https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...+Herbs.36/Taster+Selection+Sample+Pack.6.html

This link is for the taster selection pack, which you may want to get so you can see which hays they really love. My buns recommend the Orchard Grass :love::love:

The best hay is always best decided by your buns.

I'd also ensure you avoid sugary foods such as carrot and fruits if you're looking for your buns to lose weight. Don't worry about your vet making it seem like a rushed process, you can't and shouldn't rush this process with rabbits.

I hope that helps :D xx

Hello Fellow Derbyshire Person :wave:

I have read you're other thread about the vet advicing you drop the pellets from your buns diet, I would recommend reducing them slowly and not dropping them all together. A buns diet should only contain a small egg cup full of pellets a day, mine get this in the morning and then the rest of the diet is hay and veg.

I recommend that you visit the hay experts online https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hay...+Herbs.36/Taster+Selection+Sample+Pack.6.html

This link is for the taster selection pack, which you may want to get so you can see which hays they really love. My buns recommend the Orchard Grass :love::love:

The best hay is always best decided by your buns.

I'd also ensure you avoid sugary foods such as carrot and fruits if you're looking for your buns to lose weight. Don't worry about your vet making it seem like a rushed process, you can't and shouldn't rush this process with rabbits.

I hope that helps :D xx

Absolutely agree with this.:D

To be honest, any good quality, sweet smelling, fresh hay will go down well when bunnies are hungry.

Dare I mention it... But save yourself a fortune-as dust free hay is in doveridge, derbyshire. If you google and then call him-explain the forum recommended him and ask to pop over. He'll show you all the hays and his setup. Its considerably cheaper to collect, and all 10 plus buns that have come to us in the last 3 years have loved it and never turned their noses up at it, ever. ask if you can try a sample-if it's not too far then you can always pop back when you're sure your buns like it. Some people say the hay is short, soft etc. But i've never had this problem. Just thinking of your pocket on internet shipments when you're local :)

Awww thats brill advice bought 3 diffrent kind of hays today lol, will order the selection pack see what they fancy lol.
Ill give dust free hay a call tomorrow and see if i can get a sample:D

Back