• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you bonded 3 bunnies??

Hi everyone:wave:

We have charlie (neutered) and lottie (unneutered) bonded house bunnies. We have just acquired an unwanted childrens:lol: nethie dwarf, she is female and about 3 years old and has spent the last three years in her small hutch. :roll: she's just been checked by vet had her jabs etc.

We realise that getting her accepted by our two could be pretty impossible.. i just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar sucessful experience of getting three together? We realise that neutral space etc is essential

(Our other options if this fails is to rescue her a little friend to live outside with her:love:) i would just prefer it if she was inside.

It would certainly be worth trying - I regularly bond trios.

BUT, I wouldn't even consider bonding unneutered rabbits. Once all are neutered and their hormones have subsided, it is more likely to work, but it will take longer to work than a pair.

We have a bonded trio (2 girls and a boy also).

The girls are mother and daughter and we introduced the male later on.

Like any bonding, it really depends on each rabbit's personality.

I agree with The Duchess in that I also would not bond un-neutered rabbits and would wait a few weeks post neuter to ensure they are healed and hormones have settled (especially this time of year!)

It is worth a try! :D

I would def get everybun bonded before trying and when you do make sure its on neutral territory. There are mixed views on trios some say one bun gets left out some dont - mine were fine as a trio :D

If you decide not to bond there is a lovely nethie in RIN I am looking for a home for

I have just bonded 3 of my single buns (2 boys and a girl). The boys are both neutered, but the girl isn't.

However I agree with others that if you are introducing a second girl, then you ideally need both girls to be neutered

I had a trio. I didn't feel Nutmeg was entirely comfortable within the trio, no fighting or anything just the lops would follow each other everywhere and sometimes I felt she was left out. As I, just about, have the room for two pairs I decided to get Nutmeg her own toy-boy.

I accidentally bonded a trio! :lol: I tried to bond two pairs together and three ended up getting on really well but Jess wasn't having any of it so they're back in their male/female pairs now. :roll:

I wouldn't want to try and bond two unneutered girls together. In my experience, they're bad enough when they are neutered! :lol:

Good luck! :wave:

I am currently bonding two neutered males and a neutered female, taking it very slowly, but I think it's gonna work out, They all need neutering first

Back