• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has any one used this product/any advice on tummy trouble?

shelley

Mama Doe
Has any one used the ‘Tummy Care’ product? I thought I might give it a go if its any good. Although I cant really see anything in the ingredients that will help

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/guinea...-rabbits-guinea-pigs+rats-100ml/invt/0303690/

I’m still having trouble with Buster but I cant figure out if he’s simply eating too much and is having excess ceacels that he isn’t eating or if they are squidgy poo’s. He doesn’t get much in the way of pellets but he has a cabbage leaf a day, maybe two. I stopped giving him veg for a while and it didn’t improve the poop situation.

He is always treading in the squidgy poo so they always end up in a sticky mess on his blankets and his feet so maybe they look worse than they are. I think what I’m getting at is I don’t know if it’s a problem or not? The wee situation keeps dying down then flaring up again (sometimes he just wee’s every where for a few days, he cant hold it in long enough to get to his litter tray, it smells more than normal and is bright orange but the vets have tested for infections etc and have said its sistitus which can happen when a rabbits gut flora and bacterica in their bladder is imbalanced by lots of antibiotics which Buster has recent had)

He is fine in himself, happy, bouncy and full of life, eating like a horse and still wanting lots of attention so he certainly isn’t acting ill. I don’t really want yet more treatment from the vets incase it makes it worse but I’m worried this will still continue and that I might be missing something serious? Any thoughts would be really appreciated

Thanks all x

Last edited:
It's got a pre-biotic in it, but is made of carrot juice, so is going to be full of sugar, which is detrimental to the gut.
I wouldn't use it personally. Something like fibreplex would be much more beneficial i'd think?

Hmm as i thought, i'll steer clear.

He's been on Fibrevore for almost 2 months now, since his operation and its not changed anything, he still has squidgy poos at least 2-3 times a day :?

He's also been on Bio-Lapis which is a powdered probiotic specially for buns and that didnt really make any difference either? Do you think im being too impatient?

My other concern is that whist he is like this my vet has said that she isnt prepared have his myxi jab done. It should have been done next week but she wont do it until January and he has shown signs of improvement. She thinks that with both gut and bladder issues it'll tip him off the edge and he wont have enough immunity.

He has started putting weight back on though which is good (he stopped eating for about 2 weeks after his op)

No i havent... he's currently on Excel which i know can be bad for gut problems (The Junior/Dwarf one)

At this stage do you think it would be good to change his food or should i consult my vet before i do it? I was thinking of changing his food but then decided not to because i was worried id make him worse

Back