• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harringtons VS Wagg?

I am completely confused over this, does any one know what the difference between the two is? I thought that they'd just re-branded the Wagg, but now I don't think that they have.

Or have they? It seems that they're the same foods in different bags..

Wagg info:
Ingredients
Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Sunflower Ext., Maize, Grass, Apple, Grape, Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Vitamins & Minerals, Linseed, Yeast (0.1%). This product may contain traces of nuts, as it has been made in a factory that uses nut ingredients.

Typical Analysis
Protein 13.5%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%

Harringtons Info:
Ingredients:
Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Sunflower Ext., Maize, Grass, Apple, Grape, Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Linseed, Minerals, Yeast (0.1%)

Additives: Vitamin A (E672) 15,000 iu, Vitamin D3 (E671) 1,500 iu, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol acetate) 90 iu. Trace Elements: E1 Iron (iron III ferric oxide) 150 mg, E2 Iodine (calcium iodate) 1.5 mg, E4 Copper (cupric sulphate pentahydrate) 6 mg, E5 Manganese (manganous oxide) 30 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc oxide) 25 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc chelate) 25 mg. Antioxidant.

Typical Analysis:
Protein 13.5%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%, Calcium 0.7%, Phosphorous 0.5%

They're the same foods, aren't they?! :?

I am completely confused over this, does any one know what the difference between the two is? I thought that they'd just re-branded the Wagg, but now I don't think that they have.

Or have they? It seems that they're the same foods in different bags..

Wagg info:
Ingredients
Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Sunflower Ext., Maize, Grass, Apple, Grape, Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Vitamins & Minerals, Linseed, Yeast (0.1%). This product may contain traces of nuts, as it has been made in a factory that uses nut ingredients.

Typical Analysis
Protein 13.5%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%

Harringtons Info:
Ingredients:
Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Lucerne, Sunflower Ext., Maize, Grass, Apple, Grape, Carob Meal, Vegetable Oil, Linseed, Minerals, Yeast (0.1%)

Additives: Vitamin A (E672) 15,000 iu, Vitamin D3 (E671) 1,500 iu, Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol acetate) 90 iu. Trace Elements: E1 Iron (iron III ferric oxide) 150 mg, E2 Iodine (calcium iodate) 1.5 mg, E4 Copper (cupric sulphate pentahydrate) 6 mg, E5 Manganese (manganous oxide) 30 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc oxide) 25 mg, E6 Zinc (zinc chelate) 25 mg. Antioxidant.

Typical Analysis:
Protein 13.5%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Crude Ash 7%, Calcium 0.7%, Phosphorous 0.5%

They're the same foods, aren't they?! :?

Yes, but the labelling has had to be modified to comply with EU regulations

Have Wagg been taken over maybe? I remember seeing something on the bag saying something like 'used to be wagg' Asda have their cat biscs in too now

Thank-you for clarifying that, I was so confused! My buns are fed on wagg optimum, so when my mum turned up with a bag of the harringtons I was a bit worried! :lol:

Back