• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

H4P's Timothy and Rye!!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:shock: My girls are both great hay eaters but woooooowzers! :lol: They were actually completly over the moon when i put a handful of the timothy and rye into their hutch! they both pounced on it and were pulling out strands like little mad things! :love: Its so stalky and strandy and well lets say it passes the P&D test with flying colours! :thumb:

Well worth the money, the price is really good for 9.5kg and the quality/Customer service is fab! Thanks for all the posts on here that made us try it ;)

We're currently on form to use 10Kg of Timothy & Rye from H4P in less than 2 weeks for 2 buns :shock:

wow Graham thats amazing!! :lol:

Its really lovely stuff, my girls are thoroughly enjoying it! :thumb: Its too stalky for bedding so am using meadow from the farm as bedding and then handfuls of the timothy in the litter trays and hay bowl! Happy happy buns! :love: I was going to try the INGs but i might just stick with this now! :)

I have not tried the Timothy and Rye from H4P yet the Ings hay and meadow hay is great.

I will order some Timothy and Rye soon for my pair to try

Oh No! :shock: Today the timothy was shunned for the £4.50 meadow hay from the local farm! They both chose the litter tray with that in over the litter tray with the T&R in! :roll:

Oh No! :shock: Today the timothy was shunned for the £4.50 meadow hay from the local farm! They both chose the litter tray with that in over the litter tray with the T&R in! :roll:

mine do that sometimes. its so frustating. when you buy a large bag of hay and they then ignore it for other types of hay. :evil: :oops: If they are ignoring it, then I would remove the T&R hay for a few days and then reintroduce it as it may ignite their desire for it. :)

Thats what I did last night :) just topped them up with meadow hay and i will pretend the T&R is a big treat in a day or so :lol: They are so cheeky!

Ahh they eat it again :roll: rather than put it in the litter trays I filled the big metal dog bowl (I have been using it for eating hay while their tummies healed and they didnt have hay in the litter trays/beds etc). They have meadow hay back in the LT's now and bed so I put a handful of the timothy into the bowl and they went crazy for it :roll::lol:

Riiiight so they only like to eat it out of a bowl...even though they wont use a hay rack :roll::lol: And the meadow is strictly foreating out of the litters trays and bedding! At least i understand my orders now!! ;)

Ahh they eat it again :roll: rather than put it in the litter trays I filled the big metal dog bowl (I have been using it for eating hay while their tummies healed and they didnt have hay in the litter trays/beds etc). They have meadow hay back in the LT's now and bed so I put a handful of the timothy into the bowl and they went crazy for it :roll::lol:

Riiiight so they only like to eat it out of a bowl...even though they wont use a hay rack :roll::lol: And the meadow is strictly foreating out of the litters trays and bedding! At least i understand my orders now!! ;)

:lol: rabbits are incredibly picky. :lol:

my two love this too! but im currently experimenting with hay as honey seems to be allergic to certain types:roll:

They have devoured two bowls full today...they pounce on it and pull it all out the bowl :lol: So its ok for them to scatter it all over the floor!! :lol:

Lucy good luck with the hay allergy...that must make things quite tough!! x

I'm ordering a 9.5kg bag of this now! I know it's a risk to buy so much without trying first, but if they don't like it, I can still use it for the litter tray xP But my pair are not picky at all! They'll eat anything they're given :roll: Can't get over the great value though! For months I've been thinking that £4.69 for 1kg was a good deal! xD

Months ago mine were going mad for the meadow hay but recently they're prefering the Timothy and Rye.....INGs is good though as I find it quite "herb" like. Lovely stuff. My rabbits eat all 3 types :) They prefer them all depending on the month (fussy *******) so I usually order 9.5Kilo of each :)

I've been getting the timothy and rye for ages, but recently bought a bag of the ings (only had the sample before) and I'm really surprised at how much more timothy and rye you get for your money. I know they're the same weight, and I could be wrong, but it seems like the bags of timothy are significantly bigger. Anyone else noticed that?
Maybe the ings is just more compacted - will investigate when I open the bag!

Back