• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Graze on Grass vs Readigrass

I've never tried any before, after reading so many posts about it I think I'm going to try some for my buns.

My bah's have both and like both. They are quite different. Graze-on is closer to true dried grass, less is added to it, so I think its healthier.
Never given it to the buns but I really should!
The price difference is massive for me (as bah's go through it a whole lot quicker than buns would!) but any savings are good so deffo worth a try!

Definatly worth a try will give it a go once I'm through with my readigrass as thats insanly cheap although its dried at a hotter temperature so prehaps that effects the nutritional content and taste?

Although the readigrass puts emphasis on being 100% natural where as 'GRAZE-ON contains all the important minerals and vitamins, including Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, and a calcium, phosphorus ratio of ideal proportions.' so presume thats using artificial addatives?

My buns and guinea pigs prefer Readi Grass to Graze On. Readi grass seems to have much longer strands which they prefer :thumb:

Although the readigrass puts emphasis on being 100% natural where as 'GRAZE-ON contains all the important minerals and vitamins, including Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, and a calcium, phosphorus ratio of ideal proportions.' so presume thats using artificial addatives?

Graze-On is 100% natural as well; the only ingredient is grass so the nutrients are naturally occuring. There's more details on the supplier's website. :D http://www.northerncropdriers.co.uk/product/graze-on

I buy the large bulk sacks, my buns said they didnt mind which my wallet said it preferred graze on

My buck eats this instead of hay. He's fussy. Nutritionally better than hay too so added bonus. I get a bag for £3.60. For 2 rabbits getting enough for a day lasts about 10 days. But my boy doesn't eat hay so could last longer if you did smaller quantities. Mine also have access to grass. Even if u buy it for treats. Your rabbits will love it. My two go mad for it.

i don't know :? i haven't tried it at all :lol: just wondering bout it swelling when ingested?
i haven't got any here either or i'd try soaking some in a bowl of water and see what happens :D

Oh, hahahaha, I misread it and thought you were advising it! :oops::lol: I've been feeding it dry for the last few mths with no problems.

I've got some here so will give it a try tomorrow anyway and report back. ;)

I'm certainly getting some once I need to place an order for supplies, looks like all good comments so far

I didn't even know graze on existed. I'm very curious now.

I don't suppose anyone could send me a small amount could they? I'd of course pay for postage and packaging! I just don't want to buy a whole bag if N&T end up not liking it - it's happened too much in the past!

Back