• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good news for Spenser!

Lily has her teefs burred every month at a cost of just under a tenner..
I must say,its a great idea to say to the parents how he has to have a wife for Legal reasons.......but having said that,my Mrs is like "Clear Orf Mumsy!! I have Roland to snuggle with now"......
Unless shes at the vets having something just dreadful done,like having a jab or her teefs looked at, she does NOT want me at all.:(

Been a bit of a setback to the House Bunny bit. :( Still this is balanced by knowing he doesn't face a dental in the near future.

Oh no what happened to the Spenser in da house project? I thought it was full steam ahead?

Very happy for his teefys x

Lily has her teefs burred every month at a cost of just under a tenner..
I must say,its a great idea to say to the parents how he has to have a wife for Legal reasons.......but having said that,my Mrs is like "Clear Orf Mumsy!! I have Roland to snuggle with now"......
Unless shes at the vets having something just dreadful done,like having a jab or her teefs looked at, she does NOT want me at all.:(

Much as I love him, Spenser isn't exactly a snuggle bun as a bachelor ... although he does like being petted - when he is in the mood and ONLY if all four paws are very firmly on the ground. :roll:

Much as I love him, Spenser isn't exactly a snuggle bun as a bachelor ... although he does like being petted - when he is in the mood and ONLY if all four paws are very firmly on the ground. :roll:

Bouncer is very similar to this, although just lately he has seemed to want more attention and nose rubs :love: but as you say, only when HE says so and certainly not whilst in the air :shock::no:

What was the setback? :wave:

Spenser is a pampered bunny whether he is inside or outside :D it would be great if he could be a housebunny but if it can't go ahead don't feel bad and don't let it stop enjoying lovely Spenser xx

Morning. :wave: Spenser seemed happy enough in his hutch on the, er, many occasions I was out last night. This morning he is also fine, although not eating much. He accept a strip of spring green, did a flop, and didn't want any more this morning. His own vet doesn't think he has a root problem. We've reached a compromise that he can be in my room if I'm there, but not overnight. The crate will remain in place because there may be occasional sleepovers.;) Also, if I needed it when I'm on my own there is no way I could shift it.

Morning. :wave: Spenser seemed happy enough in his hutch on the, er, many occasions I was out last night. This morning he is also fine, although not eating much. He accept a strip of spring green, did a flop, and didn't want any more this morning. His own vet doesn't think he has a root problem. We've reached a compromise that he can be in my room if I'm there, but not overnight. The crate will remain in place because there may be occasional sleepovers.;) Also, if I needed it when I'm on my own there is no way I could shift it.

Well I think any increase in time spent with you is a good thing. He will enjoy the company, the change of scenery and the exercise will do him the world of good :D:D Just be careful about that the temp difference isn't too great when swapping over :wave:

But the Xrays showed he did? :?

Yes, I'll watch out for that. He's plainly a rabbit that respons well to company, but not being touched. His vet wants me to work at that so that I can check his underneath, especially during the summer. Plums or no plums, this region is definitely considered none of my business. :roll:

Bramble is the same. He likes to be petted on 'his' terms only - and this definatley means no picking up! Sometimes I get to have a lovely 10 mins of stroking and giving nose rubs, and then he's off!

I feel that Bramble is lonely too and he loves company. He's been in quite a bit this week in the day with me. He sits under the table while I sew! I am seriously looking into getting him a girlie.

Bramble is the same. He likes to be petted on 'his' terms only - and this definatley means no picking up! Sometimes I get to have a lovely 10 mins of stroking and giving nose rubs, and then he's off!

I feel that Bramble is lonely too and he loves company. He's been in quite a bit this week in the day with me. He sits under the table while I sew! I am seriously looking into getting him a girlie.

:thumb::love::love:

Not really an option for me until I can improve his set up. :(

The x-ray looked OK when I saw it yesterday. It is confusing when one vet says one thing and another the opposite, but Spenser's vet is the one who knows him best so I have to trust her. If his eating goes downhill I'll ask about resuming with the metacam. He's due his myxi booster this month so that will be an opportunity to report on how he is doing.

yeah - so very pleased for him & you - now you can perservere with getting him a more varied diet...perhaps he does need another bun who is a good hay eater to show him what to do...bless him.

I do hope the x-rays dont show up any issues with roots etc....bit of a worry there...:?

Back