• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good Hutches for 2 Buns?

Hi All!:wave:

It's my two buns, Humphrey and Delilah, birthdays in a couple of weeks and we're going to treat them to a new hutch, seeing as they've chewed a lot of the old one and seem to be getting a little big for it!

Just wondering if any of you can recommend any good hutches for two? i've been looking at this:

http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=3391

especially as it looks like my homemade 4x2 run could attach onto this too (with a little modification...).

Anybody got any suggestions? All comments welcome!

Hiya this one is 172 pounds from shedstore online :)
PIC_0038.jpg

Ha!:D

that one is brilliant! Unfortunately, we're pretty restricted by space, so would be unable to fit that in our back garden...or at least we could fit it there but probably wouldn't be able to go out there!

I'd say i'd be looking at roughly 6' x 3'?

Thanks for your help anywy, much appreciated!

If you can, I would get a 6ft Hutch from happyhutch.co.uk. If you do this, make sure they are in a suitable run everyday:D

That hutch you've linked looks good. The only slight question is about the height of the levels. Ideally each floor needs to be 2ft high so that the bunnies can stretch up too. Can't quite see how high each layer is, so it may be fine. Other than that it looks great. It certainly exceeds the minimum hutch sizes for every rescue I know about.

Ideally the run it is attached to should be at least 4ft x 4ft with 6ft x 6ft being a good size.

Good luck in your hunt :)

Hiya this one is 172 pounds from shedstore online :)
PIC_0038.jpg

That is fantastic!! Exactly the kind of thing I want!! I find a lot of the sheds a bit unsightly but this is so cute!

We're moving in January, more into the countryside so I want to get a playhouse/shed, keeps them protected from foxes and I plan to put up some shelves so I actually have somewhere to put all of Paddy's stuff!! Then wack a catflap on the side so he can come in & out of a run. Thanks for the inspiration!!

We've got Dawson Animal Housing Hutches here, he custom makes them and they are brilliant quality. Our Happy Hutch ones are less than a year old and have bowed and rotted and the hinges have had to be replaced, so we will always use Dawsons from now on.

i agree with what timb0h.

Just a tad of topic but drobertshaw i cant stop watching your sig! i cant stop laughing at it!:oops:

Off topic..I'm sorry, but.....
I hadn't taken any notice of the siggy until you mentioned it..but now ....
Why is he lying there??????:lol:

This one is only £15 more but it's much bigger ;) - although it will need more secure bolts for the doors http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Th...4 Giant Double Decker Rabbit Hutch With Ramps

If you can afford more, Ryedale www.rehutches.com make superb quality hutches, very robust indeed. They will also make any changes you want for a relatively nominal fee. I just had a two storey one with run underneath made for me, but I had it made with extra doors at the ends of the run, so I can attach another run to the side or let the bunnies out from the other end.

hi

if you are looking for something about 6x3, what about this?
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/53359
Our buns have free access to the run part and just go upstairs to rest or sleep. I would have liked the whole thing to be a bit bigger, but i love the design. easy to clean and great for us all to view the rabbits.
The locks are terrible so you need to add bolts and the wood may not be suitable for rabbits that chew on hutches, but fine for ours who don't gnaw.

I wouldn't recommend zooplus though as we had lots of problems with them.
bws
Lynsey

thanks to all of you for the comments! I didn't think there'd be any more during last week when i was on my hols (in a Tipi, in Cornwall, in the rain :D).

I think i might go for a Ryedale one, i was put off by the way they look at first but most people seem to recommend them!

On a slightly related note, it's one of our Buns birthdays today...Humphrey is one, i swear he know - he's very exitable! We've got him and our other bun a cardboard maze from hayexperts, i'm sure they'll love it!

I love the signature - stole it from someone else on a forum...nobody knows why he's lying there...you do know what it's take from don't you?

Back