• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gone seed crazy & ordered from Galens garden seeds for growing indoors :-)

Brilliant, so a few weeks to get a couple of tubs up and running :) I might do them a week apart so I can cycle them.

That is a good idea :D I did mine together cos I'm impatient haha. I might get some more seed trays if I can find somewhere to put them, this growing stuff is addictive. I just hope they keep growing well, I am not really green fingered

:lol:

We should def popst pics as we go so then next time we know what works really well etc.

Those seed combinations sounds great....

Wont they die outside at this time of year?

I have no idea, the grass on my lawn survives the winter though, so I don't see why the tubs should be any different. Although, as they are in tubs it might make them more likely to freeze and therefore kill the grasses. I suppose I could put the tubs in the shed under the window in there to protect them over winter. While they are in the run for the rabbits they won't be protected though.

In conclusion :p I'm not sure, maybe someone will come on this thread and let us know from their experience?

I'll definitely be taking pictures though, I think that's a great idea :D

Yeah I hope so
I bought mine in tonight as I thought it might not die but it probably won't grow if left out all the time. See what happens...lol

Yeah I hope so
I bought mine in tonight as I thought it might not die but it probably won't grow if left out all the time. See what happens...lol

its quite mild at moment so the orchard grass maybe ok, you could experiment do you have any plant fleece covers? if was to get really cold maybe pop some fleece over or move to sheltered area

Heres my Orchard grass...this was taken on 27 october. its about 10 cm long..
Its a little fuller now but still so thin.....I've left it outside during the day but not overnight a few times.

Im not sure if it or how to make it stalkier?

Any idea's?

PS Yes I could cover it over at night and leave it out for this tub but would battle for areas for more tubs with the bunnies out every day..they just demolish it..lol

Sorry not pic - I cant seem to get it off my phone...downloaded it onto my computer saved as image in picture but there is not URL and it wont copy & paste...always have this issue with goggle photos..so any advice and I'll try again...sorry about that

Just wondering how all your seedlings are doing?

mine has not worked..it got thinner & then just started getting limp and going yellow...maybe not enough sunlight even though tis next to a large sliding door. I might just stick it outside and plant some more seeds in it to see if anything starts growing again...our garden bulbs are coming up already..its that mild.

Just wondering how all your seedlings are doing?

mine has not worked..it got thinner & then just started getting limp and going yellow...maybe not enough sunlight even though tis next to a large sliding door. I might just stick it outside and plant some more seeds in it to see if anything starts growing again...our garden bulbs are coming up already..its that mild.

shame, thanks for the update as I was going to ask other day, just couldn't find the thread, yes our daffs are up bud on one, though due cold spell coming week

Our roses are budding now too and quince starting to flower!

The grasses for the bunnies might take longer...

Our roses are budding now too and quince starting to flower!

The grasses for the bunnies might take longer...

its funny as I cut dads roses down before November, and I noticed during December they had lots of leaf like they would if it was spring, think they will be in for a shock this week once cold hits them

do - give it a go..only thing is I expect the seeds to grow into thicker plants but they were quite thin...maybe I needed to do something tothicken them out. Will give it another go once I have fenced off an area or soemthing cause the bunnies have eaten everything they can reach in the garden...

I brought some seeds a couple of days ago and I'm really excited to plant them too! I'm planting mine in large, plastic dog beds with pre-drilled holes in the bottom but I'm not sure when to start growing them as I don't want the cold weather to kill them!

I brought some seeds a couple of days ago and I'm really excited to plant them too! I'm planting mine in large, plastic dog beds with pre-drilled holes in the bottom but I'm not sure when to start growing them as I don't want the cold weather to kill them!

Very exciting! I guess after there is no frost unless they are protected.

do - give it a go..only thing is I expect the seeds to grow into thicker plants but they were quite thin...maybe I needed to do something tothicken them out. Will give it another go once I have fenced off an area or soemthing cause the bunnies have eaten everything they can reach in the garden...

maybe the grass ones are growing thin as new lawns do from seed when first sown, and once regularly cut and right conditions it starts to thicken itself up

You probably right because it was growing lovely but very thin & my OH said to trim it and I said no I will wait till its thicker...lol....guess i should have trimmed it...lol.

Back