• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Amy Spayed- Update: The Stitches Saga

Forgot to mention, the Queen has been up to her impersonation tricks again:

BtUiQsDIMAAKnyO.jpg

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=423559

Last edited:
She somehow managed to slip another vest. Twice. In three hours.

I am being outwitted by an animal that eats its own poop.

I used the sizing guide at the manufacturer's website which says:
XXXS:* * Rabbit 0,6 - 0,8 kg
XXS:** * Rabbit 0,8 - 1,5 kg
XS:** * Rabbit 1,5 - 2,0 kg
S:** * Rabbit 2,0 - 3,5 kg
M:* * Rabbit 3,5 - 4,5 kg
L:* * Rabbit 4,5 - 5,5 kg

They're quite stretchy due to the Lycra content which seems to be what makes them fairly immune to bunny teeth. Sugar wore hers for two weeks and while it was looking a little tatty by the end she'd not managed a single escape from it.

If, heaven forbid, I need to put a bun through a spay again I'll be getting one of these ahead of time and delivering it and the bun together the the vet.

Thank you; that is helpful. Now, if I only actually knew what she weighed...

Well that is looking a lot drier which should hopefully mean the infection is getting better :) but I'm no expert so hopefully someone else will see this and reply. Still keep a really close eye on her and keep it clean as its still got some healing to do.

How is she in herself?

Last day of the Baytril. Just cleaned the wound- well, it's just a very small scab now, less than a centimetre. I'll check it tomorrow but I don't think it needs any more.

Amy herself is mostly back to normal; apart from a mixed phase of being surprisingly quiet and rather naughty, and she seems to be eating less hay for some reason (I'll be slowly reducing her pellets), but she's binkying and flopping and licking and playing alright.

So, essentially, apart from her check-up/vaccinations next week, it's done. And I'm so glad it is! Once again, thank you all for the advice, help and support you've given me, I don't know what I would've done without it. I'm very happy to have found this forum; to tell me of the health benefits of spaying, and to help me through my first spay (might not be only, though hopefully will be; I don't want go go through this again for a long time!), and to meet such wonderful people xx :love::love:

As soon as I had my girls done, I said never again! It's so unbelievably stressful but the health benefits are worth it. I also found my girls are a lot cleaner now, as in they only using their litter tray as a toilet - much better than when they were spraying the floor, walls & ceiling of their hutch :shock:

You've done a great job getting her wound all cleaned up & helping her be strong & healthy again :)

Back